The business landscape in 2022 is competitive, innovative, and moving faster than ever. Organizations are realizing that moving their master data management (MDM) solution and infrastructure to the cloud is simply the first step to keeping up with industry standards and demands.
MDM is a ready-to-use software-as-service (SaaS) application, completely cloud-hosted by the provider, which means you don’t have to choose between the on-premises features and cloud benefits that platform-as-a-service (PaaS) solutions inherently came with. The best aspect of moving to the cloud is that it’s easier than ever before to make the switch—as long as you trust the right vendor.
The First Step: Benefits of Taking Your MDM to the Cloud
You’ve probably already decided that it’s time to shoot for the sky on your data management journey and take your data to the cloud, but if you haven’t, let’s discuss a few of the benefits you’ll gain from moving to the cloud.
Reduced Time to Benefit
There’s no longer a need to install, run, manage, operate, or update your MDM using your operational staff. Instead, you can unlock a reduced time to benefit and elastic capabilities to support the up or downscaling of your data management.
Increased Scalability and Integration
Alongside the ability to easily scale your use up or down based on specific requirements, you can enjoy seamless integration with other cloud offerings to bring your operations to the next level.
Avoid the cost barrier of typical licensing-based MDM solutions with the availability of consumption-based pricing packages that meet your business needs.
Easier Collaboration Across the Enterprise
Minimize roadblocks with software that fits into any existing puzzle and increases capabilities for any user in your business. Democratize data across your enterprise and unleash the power of collaboration.
Looking Stormy? Potential Challenges of Moving to the Cloud
Yes, moving to the cloud is essential to staying competitive in your industry and keeping up with tech advancements. Still, we’ll also acknowledge some potential challenges to integrating new cloud software in your business.
Migration Can Be Costly and Time-consuming
Though subscription options are associated with a cloud solution switch, the price point is not zero. Cloud software is a change that may require time from your team to understand as a principle, but not in practice.
Existing Data is No Longer Easily Accessible
Blending the new MDM cloud solution can be simple and hands-off. However, if you don’t have previous software with accessible data points, it will take longer or could become impossible.
Local or Federal Government Regulations and Restrictions
A privacy requirement may prevent an enterprise from using cloud software—for instance, a government agency. If you know of any existing regulation, it’s important to realize this early.
Making the Move: It’s Time to Evaluate Your Current State
Before you can fully let your mind (or business) wander into the clouds, evaluate your current state. It’s critical to ask questions before continuing on any MDM journey so you can let potential vendors know what product platform solution will best fit your needs. Here are some important considerations to keep in mind before deciding if moving to the cloud is the right fit for your organization:
- Does your organization currently have an on-premise MDM solution?
- Are you looking to migrate your current on-premises solution to the cloud or rebuild it?
- If you don’t currently have an MDM solution, what capabilities are you seeking?
- What is your existing infrastructure, and what are your goals for the future?
- How much scalability will you need?
- What type of security is a must-have?
- Is your organization currently overwhelmed by data?
- Are you ready for software that can easily be adopted by all users?
Once you’ve worked through these questions and gained a more holistic understanding of what to expect, it’s time to put your goals into motion. At this step, you might be asking, if we’ve decided to move to (or are already on) the cloud, now what?
Optimizing Usage of the Cloud
As organizations continue their cloud journey from PaaS to SaaS, they find themselves choosing between the deployment pattern offered or the value provided by the solution. But why should an organization have to choose between an enterprise-class MDM solution and leveraging a SaaS MDM offering?
As seen in the image above, your organization can move past the cloud on its MDM journey without sacrificing the value of one platform for the other and instead condense the values of both.
Why TIBCO Cloud EBX for MDM-as-a-Service?
Pulling it together, your cloud MDM choice must match your requirements, current state, and future goals. We designed TIBCO Cloud EBX with these customer values in mind:
- Self-service access from anywhere, quickly, for business and technical users. It’s not enough just to be cloud-native; the right MDM platform has to support all persons involved in the data governance process, from IT to business users. EBX is uniquely aimed at both types of users.
- Market-leading. For over a decade, TIBCO EBX has remained a top customer and analyst choice for MDM. It’s received proven praise and been named a leader in the coveted Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for MDM 6 years in a row and named a leader in The Forrester Wave™ for Master Data Management 2021.
- Embraces data in the cloud and not. Even if you have a corporate mandate to move your data into the cloud, it takes time. For a while, perhaps forever, in many companies, data assets will live on multiple cloud platforms, come from multiple apps, and survive both on-premises and in the cloud. We designed TIBCO Cloud EBX with this hybrid, multi-cloud vision in mind for easier access, control, and trust.
- Grows with you. Whether it’s geographical growth for new divisions of your company or regions in the world, or the ability to more easily add or reduce resources to meet demand, TIBCO Cloud EBX grows and scales alongside your business.
Access TIBCO Cloud EBX Now
If you still have questions about your MDM journey, our TIBCO services, or which option is the best decision for you, your team, or your company, we are here to help. To learn more about TIBCO Cloud EBX software, visit our website.