That’s a wrap on the first day of TIBCO NOW 2021! From an inspiring keynote to many breakout sessions led by customers, partners, and TIBCO experts to demos and product training sessions, attendees explored and were inspired by all things Connect.
The keynote, which included senior-level business leaders from Bill.com and Truist Financial, featured a discussion of how organizations are accelerating their adoption of the architectural principles of a responsive application mesh and are realizing substantial business results. This keynote was a must-see for any organization that wants to meet today’s rapidly changing market demands through a modernized enterprise core built on an agile, cloud-native architecture.
- Josh Goines at Bill.com described how TIBCO provided a resilient, adaptable platform with a single dashboard, which the company shared with its customers to help them quickly get up and running and stay focused on their core competencies during the shift to remote work when the pandemic began.
- Erich Rakestraw at Truist Financial talked about the daunting challenges of merging two financial giants, SunTrust and BB&T, into Truist Financial—a USD 66 billion merger, making it one of the largest in history. It was exciting to hear how TIBCO automation helped support this merger, and how its responsive application mesh helped Truist power the agility required to respond to the issues it faced during the pandemic.
Accelerating the Development of a Responsive Application Mesh
This year’s Connect sessions took things up a notch by going beyond slide presentations. Attendees were treated to detailed live demos on how to use new capabilities in TIBCO Cloud™ to build a responsive application mesh that provides the foundation for rapid innovation. Highlights that featured integration and automation sessions included:
- TIBCO Cloud Integration and TIBCO BusinessWorks™ featured the latest innovations, which help accelerate digital connectivity and the automation of processes by anyone.
- TIBCO Cloud API Management: What’s New detailed how the new TIBCO Cloud API Management offering builds on TIBCO Cloud Mashery® and evolves API management to deliver a more seamless, collaborative experience in TIBCO Cloud to API managers and developers, along with new innovations enhancing the developer pipeline and a new visual editor for API design and testing that includes both OpenAPI and AsyncAPI support.
- TIBCO Cloud Integration: Responsive Application Mesh in Action featured a live demo that showed a responsive application mesh in action and how it addresses the evolving needs of the digital enterprise.
There were also exciting announcements for TIBCO messaging customers related to messaging and event processing. Attendees managing Apache Kafka and Apache Pulsar environments took advantage of the opportunity to learn from the TIBCO Messaging: What’s New session. And the TIBCO Integration & Messaging: Event Architecture with Pulsar and Kafka session featured a demo that showed how to use these platforms to build the foundation for an event-driven architecture.
For attendees looking to move their messaging infrastructure to the cloud, the TIBCO Messaging and BusinessWorks: Migrate from your Data Center to the Cloud session delivered on the “how to.” For others, a riveting live demo in the TIBCO Messaging: These Aren’t the Robots You’re Looking For session—which explained cloud integration and automation using remote-controlled robots and TIBCO Cloud Messaging—was a big hit.
These are just a few of the information-rich sessions that took place during today’s Connect track. You’ll find others that spark your interest when you register to watch all the great TIBCO NOW content on demand, available until October 30.
Day one of TIBCO NOW also featured several customer- and partner-led sessions. Organizations including Bill.com, ABN AMRO, CME Group, and Wipro all shared tangible examples of how they’ve achieved success with TIBCO products.
Attendees can also look forward to more Connect-related sessions on Wednesday in the general TIBCO NOW track, including a session featuring NASA and a preview of new features in TIBCO Cloud.
New Product Announcements: The Innovation Streak Continues
This year’s Connect sessions also changed things up, switching the focus from statements of direction to making sure users were fully aware of all the new capabilities TIBCO announced within the last year.
These innovations provided the foundation for the new product enhancements announced at TIBCO NOW, which included new features and capabilities in:
- TIBCO Cloud Integration – Topanga release
- TIBCO Cloud API Management
- TIBCO Enterprise Message Service™ X
- TIBCO Cloud Messaging
- TIBCO Cloud Events
Be on the lookout for our blog including all the details of TIBCO’s new and enhanced product announcements next week.
TIBCO NOW Continues Throughout the Week
With so many breakout and product training sessions, did attendees have any time to socialize? Indeed, they did! The TIBCO NOW virtual meeting networking center provided ample opportunity throughout the day for face-to-face virtual chats with a variety of SMEs—and time to connect with industry peers.
Stay tuned for more updates to TIBCO NOW, and follow along on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram for real-time updates. You can still register for TIBCO NOW to catch the rest of the week, as well as watch all of the content on-demand through October 30.