With Amazon Web Services (AWS), you can provision compute power, storage, and other resources, gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. Among many other benefits, one of the major factors why this has been appealing is the ability to control costs in an elastic manner while providing complete flexibility and agility to use infrastructure on-demand.
To further maximize the advantages of the AWS cloud computing delivery model, developers are turning to a cloud-native approach to building and running applications.
A cloud-native application is a program that is designed specifically for a cloud computing architecture. They are designed to take advantage of cloud computing frameworks, which are composed of loosely-coupled cloud services. This means that developers must break down tasks into separate services that can run on several servers in different locations.
This notion of granularity requires solution architects to think more about composite in lieu of monolithic design. In composite design, you bring together a collection of services to create a business application.
When it comes to implementing these composite applications, the need for “integration logic” is critical for success. For example, you may need to:
- Route and orchestrate incoming API calls to coordinate the workflow on the backend that may require the interaction between multiple backends
- Simplify the protocol and format mapping issues encountered when interconnecting multiple services
- Automatically compose outgoing message by transforming and aggregating data coming from different backbends
- Require packaged adapters to third-party systems or services (such as mainframes) or packaged applications
While the developer can handle this integration logic manually, TIBCO BusinessWorks™ Container Edition was designed to hide the complexity of this integration from developers, allowing them to focus on the business logic of the application, and not the interconnecting of services.
TIBCO BusinessWorks Container Edition, available on the AWS Marketplace
TIBCO BusinessWorks Container Edition and plug-ins for AWS allow you to quickly and easily build cloud-native applications by connecting APIs, microservices and backend systems. With its drag-and-drop graphical development environment, graphical data mapper, and vast library of connectors, you can create cloud-native integration applications and deploy them on AWS, leveraging native features of AWS Elastic Container Service or your choice of Docker-based PaaS built on AWS for container management.
For developers working within the AWS ecosystem, the fact that BusinessWorks Container Edition is available on the AWS Marketplace provides:
- Quick and easy access to an industry leading integration solution, designed specially for building cloud-native application
- Consumption based pricing model, where you will pay only for number of containers running per hour
- The flexibility to scale on demand and manage software cost as you go.
Deep integration with AWS Ecosystem
To simplify deploying, BusinessWorks Container Edition on AWS TIBCO leverages AWS CloudFormation to set up all the necessary resources, collectively known as a CloudFormation stack. This model also allows BusinessWorks Container Edition to integrate seamlessly with a variety AWS Services like EC2 Container Service (ECS), EC2 Container Registry (ECR), Application Load Balancer (ALB), CloudWatch, etc., to leverage their capabilities for container management, logging, auto-scaling, load balancing, service discovery, and much more. This also removes opportunities for manual error, increases efficiency, and ensures consistent configurations over time.
The capabilities provided as part of this integration include:
- CloudFormation template to set up highly available ECS cluster in an auto-scaling group. CloudFormation automates creation of all the resources required for this task, such as VPC, public and private subnets across 2 AZs, Internet Gateway, NAT Gateway, EC2 instances, etc.
- Ability to create BusinessWorks Container Edition-based Docker image and push it to ECR
- CloudFormation template to extend and customize BusinessWorks Container Edition Docker image
- Ability to download CloudFormation templates and tailor them to suit your needs
- AMI to create EC2 instances and set up your own Container Management platform using tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm
TIBCO BusinessWorks™ Container Edition and plug-ins for AWS hide the complexity of integrating APIs, microservices, and backend systems from the developers allowing them to focus on the business logic of their applications. You can now access BusinessWorks™ Container Edition on the AWS Marketplace, leveraging a consumption based pricing model allowing you to only pay for the software and AWS resources on an hourly basis and billed by AWS after the usage.
You can learn more about BusinessWorks Container Edition and Plug-ins for AWS on the AWS Marketplace or by visiting our website at: https://www.tibco.com/products/tibco-businessworks