Decision-makers and knowledge workers alike are constantly challenged with complex business problems. Most of these challenges emanate from the fact that we live in a world mired with data and little direction on how to best leverage that data and derive value from it. Fortunately, there are analytic technologies that offer capabilities such as ad-hoc interactivity, intuitive interfaces, data visualization, and even machine learning to tackle these complexities head on. More than ever, business users are empowered to interact directly with their data, identify patterns, and ultimately better understand the ‘why’ behind the ‘what’ to make educated decisions.
One of the most powerful recent developments is the integration of rich data visualization tools to provide users a more intuitive interface for gleaning insights from big data. TIBCO Spotfire® analytics platform empowers users of any skill level with a highly interactive visual interface so they can quickly spot opportunities or threats in their data ahead of the market—all without having to rely on IT for help.
With a rapidly changing Big Data technologies landscape, from Hadoop to the recent emergence/popularity of Spark and everything else that falls within the big data ecosystem, the need for analytics on big data has never been more imperative.
Spotfire offers an agile platform with a flexible data access architecture that is perfectly suited to address big data analytics challenges—from the most basic data discovery to the most complex. Regardless of the data source, volume, format or other complexities—Spotfire helps you analyze and visualize all relevant data and drive your organization to become truly data-driven.
We recognize that analyzing big data can be complex, especially with large data volumes from multiple sources. Spotfire provides a variety of advanced analytics capabilities that enable users to obtain deeper insights from large data volumes.
- Predictive analytics to help predict future performance from historical data and to optimize decisions based on past insights
- Location analytics to add a new dimension of geo-location and rich mapping reference
- Event analytics to monitor real-time streaming data or events
- Content analytics to tap into the unstructured text-based data for a complete picture
- Machine learning—another powerful development in advanced analytics algorithms that makes it easy for users to accurately identify and model complex data patterns while iteratively learning from data over time.
Recently, TIBCO introduced visual data discovery and advanced analytics for the Spark community. TIBCO’s direct connector to Spark SQL and the industry’s first commercial engine-level integration with SparkR provide data scientists and business users with a flexible and easy way to visualize and analyze vast amounts of Apache Hadoop data through predictive, geospatial, and event-based analytics. Using SparkR through its high-performance TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR) engine, a larger audience of users can now solve bigger, more complex analytical problems on their own using powerful visualization and data discovery capabilities.
We are excited to bring a series of blog articles that will cover a variety of technologies, best practices, and use cases for Big Data Analytics, while highlighting Spotfire’s analytics capabilities for big data in greater depth. Some of the topics that we will cover in forthcoming blogs include:
- Ad-hoc visual data discovery on big data
- Integration of Spotfire with Apache Spark and TERR with SparkR
- Advanced Analytics on Big Data
- Spotfire integration with Apache Drill
- Map/Reduce with TIBCO Enterprise Runtime for R (TERR)
- Teradata and FuzzyLogix
- Calling Map/Reduce, H20 or Spark operations from Spotfire
To learn more about Spotfire Big Data analytics solutions, visit Spotfire.
- Try Spotfire and start discovering meaningful insights in your own data.