Your on-premises data analytics platform works great. So, why move it to the cloud? According to Gartner, by 2025, 55 percent of large enterprises will successfully implement an all-in cloud SaaS strategy.
Whether you plan to use a managed analytics platform like TIBCO Spotfire running on AWS or Azure, or are planning to administer it yourself, there are many benefits:
- Improved cost efficiency – Cloud computing reduces or eliminates the need for businesses to purchase equipment and build out and operate data centers. This presents significant savings on hardware, facilities, utilities, and other expenses required from traditional computing. Also, reducing the need for on-site servers can trim the IT budget even further.
- Budgeting – Most cloud computing programs and applications use a subscription-based model. This allows a business to use as much or as little storage as needed within their budget, eliminating the need for any major upfront capital expenditures.
- Geographic coverage – Cloud-based workflow and file sharing applications give dispersed teams of people the ability to work together more easily and efficiently. And because you can set up your environments and connect them easily, your customers can access the server that’s closest to them.
- High availability and disaster recovery – Hosting systems and storing documents on the cloud provide a smart safeguard in case of an emergency. Man-made and natural disasters can damage equipment, shut off power, and incapacitate critical IT functions. Supporting disaster recovery efforts is one of the important advantages of cloud computing for companies.
To deploy data analytics to the cloud, approach it as you would any cloud application. Consider the following:
- What is your usage pattern? Your usage pattern can determine how to build your environment for scalability. But, keep in mind that you can scale your environment up and down as needed.
- What is your security model going to look like at every layer (app layer, data storage, OS, and network)?
- What is your high-availability and disaster recovery strategy going to look like?
- Who is going to host your solution?
To set up or manage your Spotfire environment, visit our community portal to find the following information:
- Resource Sizing Guide
- Spotfire Scripted and Silent Installation
- Spotfire Server Disaster Recovery Options
- Multiple Spotfire Environments – Spotfire Sites
To learn more about deploying analytics in the cloud with Spotfire, watch our webinar, Deploying Analytics in the Cloud with TIBCO Spotfire X: Recommended Practices, and try a 30-day free trial of Spotfire X.