If you put a frog in boiling water, some people allege, it’ll immediately jump out. Yet if you put that same frog in cold water and heat it up slowly, the frog won’t sense its impending future as Cuisses de Grenouille à la Provençale, and will get itself sautéed, toute de suite.
Whether the famous “boiling frog” anecdote is literally true or not, it’s nonetheless an apt metaphor for the inability to notice significant, but gradual, change. And that’s why we’re doing a year-end wrap-up of the Enterprise Social Networking platform known as tibbr. As the 2014 calendar year winds up, let’s take a look back at some significant changes you may have missed.
Overall, tibbr had a pretty good year.
In retrospect, 2014 was a solid year for Enterprise Social Networking in general, even though market researcher IDC reported that enterprise social software growth had slowed. Despite the ESN industry’s less-than-Facebook growth rate this year, the enterprise social market nevertheless has “a five-year, compound annual growth rate of 23%, and [will] hit $2.3 billion in 2018” according to IDC.
For its part, tibbr drove a lot of that growth in 2014, earning the top award for “Fastest-Growing Platform in Collaboration Software Market” by Frost & Sullivan.
Accolades and awards.
But tibbr didn’t just get love from Frost & Sullivan — some other well-known researchers and analysts put tibbr at or near the top of their lists, too:
- IDC named tibbr a leader in the industry.
- Gartner named tibbr a leader in its “Magic Quadrant for Social Software.”
- Forrester Research named tibbr a leader for both Social Platforms and Activity Streams.
- Info-Tech Research Group awarded tibbr the category triple-crown: Champion, Innovator, and Best Value.
- And Forrester Consulting showed tibbr ROI in 5 key business areas.
- New integration with Microsoft SharePoint® and Outlook.®
- tibbr® for NetSuite SuiteApp so users can collaborate within NetSuite.
- A single-source, one-bill integrated cloud offering optimized for T-Systems.
- Embedded tibbr for the Kronos Workforce Central suite.
Looking back, 2014 was a solid year for ESNs in general, but a banner year for tibbr. If you’d like to learn more about tibbr and how it can help your company have a banner year next year — get your own free trial of the tibbr platform now »