Ever wonder how a fine restaurant can serve perfectly cooked dishes to different tables, all in a short amount of time and with limited chefs? The secret is mise en place, a French phrase that means “putting in place.” Laying out your mise en place means gathering and preparing all the ingredients so that when the order is placed, the chef is ready and focused on the dish.
Software Mise en Place
At TIBCO we use the same magic to make the job of data analysts, data scientists, and business analysts easier and more efficient. Before you can ask questions like, “Which product generated the most revenue last quarter?”, “Did campaign XYZ generate enough leads?”, and “Where should we spend our marketing money next quarter?” these workers must spend time cleaning raw data from different data sources in different formats, prepping it for analysis. But they don’t have to. The answer is TIBCO Clarity.
Clarity offers a mise en place technique for your data preparation needs.
It is designed to solve problems in easy steps so you can spend more time analyzing the data and processing the information, instead of spending hours or days gathering and preparing data for further intelligence processing.
5 Steps for Reducing Data Analysis
1) Gather the data you want to process from one or multiple sources with just a few simple mouse clicks.
2) Identify all of the patterns in the dataset. For example, what important information is missing from your data? Are there duplicate rows? What are the outliers in the dataset?
3) After you have identified patterns in your dataset, get further insight into data in your columns using advanced filtering features. Switch to a graphical view to visually identify even more patterns in your dataset.
4) Start defining validations and constraints based on these newfound patterns to further refine your dataset.
5) Insight into gaps in datasets will allow you to easily format and transform the data in just a few clicks.
In a few easy and interactive steps you can reduce the time spent cleaning the data and spend more time getting value out of the data.
One of our customers uses Clarity for data discovery and cleansing. They find it very interactive and time saving. In his own words: “Clarity helps us identify outliers. Data validation is very fast and visual; I can process 8,000 lines over 50 columns with no performance issues.”