With the introduction of Apple’s iOS7, the world of mobile has finally, and irreversibly, gone totally 2-dimensional — we’re talking flat design, flat colors, and flat buttons.
In the early years of computer interfaces, skeuomorphism — a design approach that imitates the 3D physicality of the real world using shadows and surface gradients — was a necessary approach to help people better understand how to use computers. But those visual tricks came at a price: greater GPU load, slower responsiveness, and a ton of wasted visual space (something that’s a premium on today’s tiny mobile devices).
Our apps’ new modern, flat design abandons skeuomorphism in favor of increased responsiveness and outright sexiness. But there’s more to these apps than just a slick new paint job ― the tibbr5 mobile app also has a lot of improvements under the hood.
What’s new in tibbr5 Mobile:
- Redesigned flat User Interface
- Revamped profile page
- New posting interface — post with location, links, and/or photos
- Enhanced photo rendering — upload multiple photos in a single post.
- Support for #hashtags
- New App Center — get easy access to apps like Events, Files, Tasks (Pages to be released soon)
- Localizations — Chinese, Dutch, German, French, French-Canadian, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Portuguese (Brazilian), and more
In all, tibbr5 mobile makes its already award-winning mobile experience even more seamless and powerful. Want to give tibbr 5 mobile a try? Download our iOS7 version from the Apple iTunes Store or our Android version from Google Play.
For the full tibbr experience, click here for a free trial of tibbr5, our latest and greatest Enterprise Social Software release.