- Wednesday 23rd, all-day: OMG Decision Modeling Information Day: the main methodologists and tool vendors dealing with decision models – including TIBCO BusinessEvents Decision Manager – and ending up with a review of the standardisation effort (DMN) in this area.
- Wednesday 23rd, afternoon: Opher Etzion is giving an Event Processing Tutorial on Past Present and Future Challenges. Anybody attending the OMG meeting and not involved in the DMN Day should attend this!
- Thursday 24th: all-day: EPTS Virtual Symposium with an overview of EPTS Working Group activities and the Dagstuhl Report. Remote attendees can register here…
Other events for the diary:
- Distributed Event Based Systems (DEBS) 2011 July 11-15 in New York state, USA: looks like this will be interesting. Call For Papers is now closed, and the Program Committees are reviewing the papers for announcement later…
- Business Rules Forum 2011, Oct 30-Nov 3 in Florida, USA is part of a wider Building Business Capability conference and has announced a Business Event Summit, likely to be focussing on business benefits and use cases rather than implementation details per se.
- TUCON this year is in Las Vegas, Sept 27-29, and will likely have the biggest set of CEP use cases… we shall see!
There were rumors of a Gartner-hosted technical CEP event later in the year too… although Gartner could decide to fold CEP into their BPM events along with rule-based technologies instead.