COLT to Deliver Enhanced Cloud Services With TIBCO Software
Enhanced Services Aim to Reduce Cost and Complexity of Enterprise IT Deployment
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced COLT, a leading European provider of data, voice and managed services, has selected TIBCO's cloud software to provide organizations throughout Europe with the ability to deploy and manage enterprise applications across physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures in real-time.
The enhanced Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings for cloud services, offered by COLT, will rapidly bring flexibility and scalability into the business, especially for organizations operating applications in high performance computing environments.
- The Managed Grid (PaaS) will provide a flexible but dedicated infrastructure for customers to power applications running in high performance computing environments.
- Ideal for both transactional and high performance computing applications, enterprise IT organizations will be able to manage a wider selection of business applications
- and with greater efficiency
- with In-life Managed Applications (PaaS). In addition, customers will be able to set business metrics against their applications and, for those implementing dynamic infrastructure resourcing, the ability to scale the application to meet those metrics.
- Using a COLT private network connection, Grid Extension (IaaS) will securely expand existing infrastructures by allowing a large number of resources to be attached. For organizations operating in markets where high performance computing environments are common place, such as investment banking, insurance and oil and gas industries, this will enable greater agility and capacity management, while also facilitating a move to a more efficiency-based operating cost model.
To optimize service performance in real-time, businesses will be able to leverage built-in support for Service Level Agreement (SLA) management, enforcement, tiered access and compliance.
Availability and More Information
These new COLT services will be rolled out in a staged approach during 2010, with introductory services available to beta customers prior to general availability during the second quarter of 2010. Additional upgrades will also be introduced throughout 2010.
"Our new offerings provide customers with the assurance and security needed for enterprise-class grid services, combined with the benefits of cloud computing," said Maggy McClelland, Managing Director of COLT Managed Services. "This capability will enable CIOs to deploy cloud services, whether private, hybrid or public, on a strategic rather than tactical basis."
"We believe these capabilities will provide COLT with a differentiated, first-mover advantage in the emerging cloud services industry," said Jamie Bernardin, Vice President, DataSynapse Product Group, TIBCO Software Inc. "When launched, COLT will have the first platform as a service offering in the European enterprise IT market with these capabilities."
COLT is a leading European provider of business communications. COLT specializes in providing data, voice and managed services to major businesses, SMEs and wholesale customers. COLT operates a 13-country, 25,000km network that includes metropolitan area networks in 34 major European cities with direct fiber connections into 16,000 buildings and 19 COLT data centres.
COLT Telecom Group S.A. is listed on the London Stock Exchange (COLT). Information about COLT and its services can be found at www.colt.net.
TIBCO's technology digitized Wall Street in the '80s with its event-driven "Information Bus" software, which helped make real-time business a strategic differentiator in the '90s. Today, TIBCO's infrastructure software gives customers the ability to constantly innovate by connecting applications and data in a service-oriented architecture, streamlining activities through business process management, and giving people the information and intelligence tools they need to make faster and smarter decisions, what we call The Power of Now®. TIBCO serves more than 3,000 customers around the world with offices in more than 20 countries and an ecosystem of over 200 partners. Learn more at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, TIBCO Software, DataSynapse and The Power of Now are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.