TIBCO Spotfire 4.0 Combines 'Free Dimensional' Analytics with the Power of Collective Intelligence
Latest Release Simplifies Sharing of Analytic Applications and Dashboards, and Delivers a Full Breadth of Contextual and Social Collaboration Capabilities
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) today announced TIBCO Spotfire® 4.0, the latest version of its analytics platform that combines the clarity of visual data discovery with groundbreaking collaboration capabilities for improved decision-making. Enabling "free dimensional" data exploration at every level of an organization, Spotfire® 4.0 expands the traditional boundaries of analytics by delivering contextual and social collaboration capabilities that put data insights and findings within relevant business context. Featuring integration with Microsoft® SharePoint® and tibbr®, Spotfire 4.0 brings together interactive dashboards, in-context analysis, and rich "social discovery" features to deliver powerful new levels of individual and collective analysis.
"With Spotfire 4.0, we did not look at collaboration as a collection of the latest social networking fads, but more as a decision-making process within a business environment. The best decisions are always made in context and typically involve a group of people who provide valuable insights," said Lars Bauerle, vice president of product strategy at TIBCO Spotfire. "We've taken that model and applied the most appropriate collaborative features to enhance data analysis in a way that harnesses the wisdom of the crowd and speeds final decisions."
Ranked as one of the easiest to use BI platforms in the market by a leading analyst firm, Spotfire delivers on TIBCO's vision for the two-second advantage™ – where a little bit of information at the right time is more valuable than all the data in the world after the fact.
"Spotfire is the essential management tool for both the technical and financial sides of our business for optimizing the efficiency in which we analyze our data," said Steve Habachy, vice president of operations, Wildhorse Resources, LLC. "It's really quite remarkable what the combination of contextual and social collaboration brings to data analysis. By analyzing data in context we're inherently directed to the most important data. Then when you combine that with the socialization capabilities, we're able to bring in viewpoints and expertise that provide additional insights that might otherwise have been overlooked. It really is bringing a whole new level to our insight. In short, we asked and Spotfire 4.0 delivers!"
Collective Intelligence - Bringing Data to Preferred Places and People for Fastest Insight and Action
Effective collaboration requires both contextual information and social interaction, enabling people to investigate, share and discuss a wide range of possible actions. By providing broad collaborative capabilities, Spotfire 4.0 is delivering a medium where the full breadth of an organization's collective intelligence can be harnessed to reach the best possible decisions.
Contextual Collaboration: By putting analysis in the right business context, individuals and groups can do more meaningful analysis, discover more important insights and make better decisions. Spotfire 4.0 embeds analysis in the context of critical business activity. With Spotfire 4.0 users can:
- Easily embed Spotfire analyses within corporate portals, blogs and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Embed Web pages, such as wikis, within a Spotfire analysis to provide easy access to online information that relates to the analysis.
- Embed live, threaded discussions from social media, such as tibbr, within a Spotfire analysis, to provide contextual discussions relevant to the decision.
- Link to Spotfire analyses from other websites or blogs with ease.
Social Collaboration: Enhanced by tibbr, TIBCO's enterprise social computing platform, Spotfire harnesses social networking to effectively leverage the insights of distributed teams to rapidly develop consensus and drive action. With Spotfire 4.0, one of the industry's easiest to use analytics platforms becomes a full "social" decision-making platform. With Spotfire 4.0 users can:
- Actively "follow" an analysis subject or author.
- Spontaneously create a new discussion "workspace" around an insight or decision and invite others to join.
- Embed a discussion thread into an analysis, so users see the discussion that prompted the analysis directly within Spotfire.
- Save an analysis to a discussion thread where others can see and discuss it. Discussion participants can simply click to open the analysis within a Web browser.
- Access an analysis and be alerted to changes through each member's "channel of choice" including Web, text, or mobile (including iPhone, iPad, Android™ platform, and BlackBerry® devices).
- Initiate video conferencing or desktop sharing via a single click to initiate a live "Spotfire Meeting." Automatically record and repost discussions and presentations with accompanying analysis and resulting decisions.
The new collaboration features in Spotfire 4.0 build on many powerful existing features, including universal search, collaborative bookmarks, and the ability to easily share analyses across an organization. Users can search by keyword and instantly identify all associated data points across the analysis. With collaborative public bookmarks, users can capture a dashboard – its complete configuration, including markings, drop-down selections, and filter settings – and share that visualization immediately with others following that dashboard. Users can capture a particular analytic and decision-making approach, and then easily share that analysis via the Web to desktop and iPad users.
In one customer scenario, SharePoint® sites used by finance departments contain information on costs, previous budgets, forecasts, anticipated trends, and more. By embedding a Spotfire application directly within that portal, users can explore a wide range of "what if?" scenarios, while accessing the portal's contents. By making this analysis and discussion visible to all the relevant participants, consensus and buy-in are achieved much more quickly.
"Business users want meaningful insights, not data. They want to see the most relevant information to the business event at hand, as well as the capabilities to socialize the meaning of the data," said Dan Vesset, vice president of business analytics at IDC. "The in-context and socialization capabilities within Spotfire 4.0 are what we see organizations requesting. The ability to 'place data' within a specific scenario is what quickly enables organizations to pinpoint what's important and what should be acted upon."
At-A-Glance Insight, Interactive Investigation - Dashboards that Deliver the Two-Second Advantage
By striking a balance between just enough information and just the right interactivity options for a given user, Spotfire 4.0 serves a wide range of data analysts and information consumers. Users can move seamlessly between data discovery and analytic application creation, consistently employing best practices for data analysis. Spotfire designed 4.0 to deliver powerful analytics that operate "under the hood" and ensure that dashboards provide "at-a-glance" understanding. Spotfire 4.0 offers:
- New designs and visualizations that allow users to quickly see all relevant information in a single screen. "Information-at-a-glance" delivers a succinct display of information, easily understood by busy decision makers.
- New capabilities improve the user experience by allowing analysts to tailor flexible, interactive dashboards for information consumers that replace dozens of static dashboards. These smarter dashboards allow users to quickly determine those factors influencing KPIs, delivered with just the right amount of information and interactivity for that user's decision-making needs.
- Spotfire's analytic applications and dashboards can be easily created without programming or IT support. One-click deployment to the Web provides easy, rapid access to a community of users.
- TIBCO Spotfire for iPad features fully interactive, analytic dashboards and visualizations that can be exported to images or PDF files.
TIBCO Spotfire 4.0 will be available in November 2011. For more information visit: http://spotfire.tibco.com/4-0.aspx.
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ:TIBX) is one of the leading providers of infrastructure software for companies to use on-premise or as part of cloud computing environments. Whether it's efficient claims or trade processing, cross-selling products based on real-time customer behavior, or averting a crisis before it happens, TIBCO provides companies the two-second advantage® – the ability to capture the right information, at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage.
More than 4,000 customers worldwide rely on TIBCO to manage information, decisions, processes, and applications in real-time. TIBCO Spotfire is the company's in-memory analytics software for next generation business intelligence. By offering a visual, interactive experience, Spotfire helps professionals quickly discover new and actionable insights in information. Learn more at: http://spotfire.tibco.com.
TIBCO, TIBCO Software, Spotfire, tibbr and two-second advantage are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. Microsoft and SharePoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. The trademark BlackBerry is owned by Research In Motion Limited and is registered in the United States and may be pending or registered in other countries. TIBCO Software Inc. is not endorsed, sponsored, affiliated with or otherwise authorized by Research In Motion Limited. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.