TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: March 23, 2021 - TIBCO FTL - 2021-28819
TIBCO FTL Windows Platform Installation vulnerability
Original release date: March 23, 2021
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO FTL - Community Edition versions 6.5.0 and below
- TIBCO FTL - Developer Edition versions 6.5.0 and below
- TIBCO FTL - Enterprise Edition versions 6.5.0 and below
The following component is affected:
- Windows Installation
The component listed above contains a vulnerability that theoretically allows a low privileged attacker with local access on some versions of the Windows operating system to insert malicious software. The affected component can be abused to execute the malicious software inserted by the attacker with the elevated privileges of the component. This vulnerability results from a lack of access restrictions on certain files and/or folders in the installation.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the possibility of an attacker gaining full access to the Windows operating system at the privilege level of the affected component.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 8.8 (CVSS:3.1/AV:L/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected systems which address this issue:
- TIBCO FTL - Community Edition versions 6.5.0 and below update to version 6.6.0 or higher
- TIBCO FTL - Developer Edition versions 6.5.0 and below update to version 6.6.0 or higher
- TIBCO FTL - Enterprise Edition versions 6.5.0 and below update to version 6.6.0 or higher
TIBCO would like to extend its appreciation to Will Dormann of CERT/CC for discovery of this vulnerability.