TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: April 24, 2019 - TIBCO BPM Enterprise - 2019-8994
TIBCO BPM Enterprise Escalation of Privileges Vulnerability
Original release date: April 24, 2019
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM versions 4.2.0 and below
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM Distribution for TIBCO Silver Fabric versions 4.2.0 and below
- TIBCO Silver Fabric Enabler for ActiveMatrix BPM versions 1.4.1 and below
The following component is affected:
- Workspace client
The component listed above contains vulnerabilities where an authenticated user can change settings that can theoretically adversely impact other users.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility that an authenticated user could trick other users of the system into visiting malicious web sites.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 5.4 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM versions 4.2.0 and below update to version 4.3.0 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM Distribution for TIBCO Silver Fabric versions 4.2.0 and below update to version 4.3.0 or higher
- TIBCO Silver Fabric Enabler for ActiveMatrix BPM versions 1.4.1 and below update to version 1.4.2 or higher