TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: April 24, 2019 - TIBCO BPM Enterprise - 2019-11203
TIBCO BPM Enterprise Cross-Site Scripting and Cross-Site Request Forgery Vulnerabilities
Original release date: April 24, 2019
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM versions 4.2.0 and below
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM Distribution for TIBCO Silver Fabric versions 4.2.0 and below
- TIBCO Silver Fabric Enabler for ActiveMatrix BPM versions 1.4.1 and below
The following components are affected:
- Workspace client
- Openspace client
- App development client
- REST API
The components listed above contain cross site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery vulnerabilities.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility that an unprivileged remote attacker could gain full access to the APIs exposed by the affected ActiveMatrix BPM components.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 8.8 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM versions 4.2.0 and below update to version 4.3.0 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM Distribution for TIBCO Silver Fabric versions 4.2.0 and below update to version 4.3.0 or higher
- TIBCO Silver Fabric Enabler for ActiveMatrix BPM versions 1.4.1 and below update to version 1.4.2 or higher
TIBCO would like to extend its appreciation to Giulio Comi and Flavio Baldassi of Horizon Security for discovery of these vulnerabilities.