TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: March 6, 2019 - TIBCO JasperReports Server - 2019-8986
TIBCO JasperReports Server XML Entity Expansion Vulnerability
Original release date: March 6, 2019
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server versions 6.3.4 and below
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server versions 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, and 6.4.3
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server for ActiveMatrix® BPM versions 6.4.3 and below
The following component is affected:
- SOAP API
The component listed above contains a vulnerability that may allow a malicious authenticated user to copy text files from the host operating system.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility of accessing the contents of any text file on the file system that is accessible to the operating system account running the affected component. Depending on how affected system is deployed, credentials to access other systems might be revealed.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 7.7 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:N/A:N)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server versions 6.3.4 and below update to version 6.3.5 or higher
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server versions 6.4.0, 6.4.1, 6.4.2, and 6.4.3 update to version 6.4.4 or higher
- TIBCO JasperReports® Server for ActiveMatrix® BPM versions 6.4.3 and below update to version 6.4.4 or higher
TIBCO would like to extend its appreciation to Julien Szlamowicz and Sebastien Dudek of Synacktiv for discovery of this vulnerability.