TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: January 16, 2019 - TIBCO Spotfire - 2018-18814
TIBCO Spotfire Authentication Vulnerability
Original release date: January 16, 2019
Source: TIBCO Software Inc.
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Platform for AWS Marketplace versions 10.0.0 and below
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.10.1 and below
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.11.0, and 7.11.1
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.12.0, 7.13.0, and 7.14.0
The following component is affected:
- TIBCO Spotfire authentication
The component listed above contains a vulnerability in the handling of the authentication that theoretically may allow an attacker to gain full access to a target account, independent of configured authentication mechanisms.
The impact of this vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility that an unauthenticated attacker could gain administrative access to the web interface of the affected component.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 8.8 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Platform for AWS Marketplace versions 10.0.0 and below update to version 10.0.1 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.10.1 and below update to version 7.10.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.11.0, and 7.11.1 update to version 7.11.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 7.12.0, 7.13.0, and 7.14.0 update to version 10.0.0 or higher