TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: June 12, 2018 - TIBCO Administrator - Enterprise Edition - 2018-5433
- TIBCO Administrator - Enterprise Edition versions 5.10.0 and below
- TIBCO Administrator - Enterprise Edition for z/Linux versions 5.9.1 and below
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO Administrator server
The TIBCO Administrator component listed above contains vulnerabilities wherein a malicious user could perform XML external entity expansion (XXE) attacks to disclose host machine information.
The impact of the vulnerability includes the theoretical possibility of disclosing contents of files on the host machine that are accessible to the system account used to run the affected component.
CVSS v3 Base Score: 6.5 (CVSS:3.0/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Administrator - Enterprise Edition versions 5.10.0 and below update to version 5.10.1 or higher
- TIBCO Administrator - Enterprise Edition for z/Linux versions 5.9.1 and below update to version 5.10.1 or higher
TIBCO would like to extend its appreciation to Baker Hamilton at Bishop Fox for discovery of this vulnerability.