TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: August 25, 2015 - TIBCO Rendezvous®
The TIBCO Rendezvous daemon components listed above contain a buffer overflow vulnerability in the HTTP administrative interface.
- TIBCO Rendezvous 8.4.3 and below (all distributions)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Network Server 1.1.0 and below
- TIBCO Substation ES 2.8.1 and below
- TIBCO Messaging Appliance 8.7.1 and below
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO Rendezvous Daemon (rvd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Routing Daemon (rvrd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Secure Daemon (rvsd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Secure Routing Daemon (rvsrd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Gateway Daemon (rvgd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Daemon Adapter (rvda)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Cache (rvcache)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Agent (rva)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Relay Agent (rvrad)
The impact of this vulnerability includes denial of service and the theoretical possibility of remote execution of arbitrary code.
CVSS v2 Base Score: 4.3 (AV:A/AC:H/Au:N/C:P/I:P/A:P)
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues. TIBCO strongly recommends sites running the affected components to install the applicable update as described below.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Rendezvous 8.4.4 or higher
- TIBCO Rendezvous Network Server 1.1.1 or higher
- TIBCO Substation ES 2.9.0 or higher
- TIBCO Messaging Appliance 8.7.2 or higher