TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: April 8, 2014 - TIBCO Rendezvous®
The TIBCO Rendezvous components listed above are affected by the following critical vulnerabilities:
CVE-2014-2541 - Access controls will not be properly enforced in some circumstances. This may allow unauthorized users to view or modify information.
CVE-2014-2542 - A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists which may allow an attacker to view or modify information.
CVE-2014-2543 - A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the processing of data from directly connected clients which could potentially allow an attacker to execute arbitrary code.
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected components which address these issues. TIBCO strongly recommends sites running the affected components to install the applicable update as described below.
- TIBCO Rendezvous 8.4.1 and below
- TIBCO Messaging Appliance 8.7.0 and below
- TIBCO Substation ES 2.8.0 and below
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO Rendezvous Daemon (rvd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Routing Daemon (rvrd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Secure Daemon (rvsd)
- TIBCO Rendezvous Secure Routing Daemon (rvsrd)
The impact of these vulnerabilities may include denial of service, information disclosure, information modification, or arbitrary code execution.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Rendezvous 8.4.2 or higher
- TIBCO Messaging Appliance 8.7.1 or higher
- TIBCO Substation ES 2.8.1 or higher