TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: March 13, 2013 - TIBCO Spotfire® Web Player
The TIBCO Spotfire Web Player components listed above contain critical vulnerabilities in the handling of HTTP requests:
CVE-2013-2372 - A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists which may allow an attacker to view or modify information.
CVE-2013-2373 - Access controls will not be properly enforced in some circumstances. This may allow unauthorized users to access or modify information.
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected software products which address these issues. TIBCO strongly recommends sites running the affected components install the applicable update as described below.
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player below 3.3.3
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 4.0.X below 4.0.3
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 4.5.0
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 5.0.0
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player Engine
The impact of these vulnerabilities may include information disclosure and information modification.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 3.3.X version 3.3.3 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 4.0.X version 4.0.3 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 4.5.X version 4.5.1 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Player version 5.0.1 or higher