TIBCO takes its security responsibilities very seriously. This page provides information about TIBCO security and how customers or security researchers can contact TIBCO to report or ask about a security issue.
TIBCO Security Advisory: August 31, 2011 - TIBCO Spotfire®
The TIBCO Spotfire Server contains several critical vulnerabilities in the processing of inbound HTTP requests:
CVE-2011-3132 - A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists which may allow an attacker to view or modify information.
CVE-2011-3133 - A session fixation vulnerability exists which may allow an attacker to hijack a web session from another user.
CVE-2011-3134 - Carefully crafted URLs may result in information disclosure or modification.
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected software products which address these issues. TIBCO strongly recommends sites running the affected components install the applicable update or take corrective action as described below.
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Server versions below 10.1.1
- TIBCO Spotfire Server versions 3.0.0, 3.0.1, 3.1.0, 3.1.1, 3.2.0, 3.3.0
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO Spotfire Web Application
The impact of these vulnerabilities may include information modification, information disclosure, and denial of service.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO Spotfire Analytics Server version 10.1.1 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server 3.0.X version 3.0.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server 3.1.X version 3.1.2 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server 3.2.X version 3.2.1 or higher
- TIBCO Spotfire Server 3.3.X version 3.3.1 or higher
This is strongly recommended.
If an upgrade is not possible, the following actions can mitigate the vulnerability:
- Utilize a firewall to restrict access to the TIBCO Spotfire server.