TIBCO Security Advisory: December 14, 2010 - TIBCO ActiveMatrix®
The TIBCO ActiveMatrix components listed below contain a critical vulnerability in the handling of JMX connections. The impact of this vulnerability may include remote execution of arbitrary code, information disclosure, and denial of service.
TIBCO has released updated versions of the affected software products which address this issue. TIBCO strongly recommends sites running the affected components to install the applicable update and take corrective action as described below.
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid versions 3.0.0, 3.0.1, and 3.1.0
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus versions 3.0.0 and 3.0.1
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks Service Engine 5.9.0
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM versions 1.0.1 and 1.0.2
- TIBCO Silver BPM Service version 1.0.1
- TIBCO Silver CAP Service version 1.0.0
The following components are affected:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Runtime
An attacker with access to an affected system could gain administrative control over the system, allowing the attacker to execute arbitrary code on any host that is a participant in the system.
For each affected system, update to the corresponding software versions:
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid 3.0.X version 3.0.2 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Grid version 3.1.1 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Service Bus version 3.0.2 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix Business Works Service Engine 5.9.1 or higher
- TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM version 1.0.3 or higher
- TIBCO Silver BPM Service version 1.0.3 or higher
- TIBCO Silver CAP Service version 1.0.1 or higher
This is strongly recommended.
If an upgrade is not possible, the following actions can mitigate the vulnerability:
- Utilize a firewall to restrict access to the ActiveMatrix Runtime component.