Energy Trading Analytics
Energy trading has altered significantly in the past decade and companies now need to proactively monitor, capture and analyze proprietary and market data to:
- properly hedge their portfolios
- identify and take advantage of market opportunities
- identify threats and mitigate risks
All this while ensuring that you operate within regulatory boundaries. Here's how Spotfire can help:
- Pre- Trade and Post - Trade - Use data from multiple sources to create visually rich, interactive and dynamic scenario analysis backtest and visualize the results of potential trading strategies.
- Risk - bring greater clarity to complex risk data to provide better understanding of the risk profile and better management and control of risk. Mashup market fundamentals data (weather, production estimates, sales volumes etc.) to provide a fuller picture of risk and potential price movements.
- Profit and Loss Attribution - More easily and thoroughly analyze P&L results to spot trends and outliers in profitability by product, region, trader and other key variables.
- Transaction Monitoring & Compliance - Analyze and explore transaction and trade amendments- all the activity of a trading desk - to assure compliance with internal and external requirements. Spotfire analytics will highlight unusual trading patterns and behaviors before they affect the P&L, unwanted tax exposure and gain the attention of regulators.
Health, Safety and Environmental Analysis
Owing to the hazardous nature of the raw materials and products that are produced, the energy industry - from exploration and production, through transportation, logistics and refining – is susceptible to incidents that have the potential to adversely impact human health and the environment.
Spotfire helps you move beyond reporting and classification of incidents to identifying their root causes, predicting future incidents, and taking proactive measures to prevent them.
Only then can you enhance the protection of your workforce, assets, reputation, and the environment.
There is now a massive expansion of 'connected 'sensor use and this offers new business opportunities in monitoring performance and failure rates, and optimizing maintenance in the oilfield, the distribution network and the refinery.
TIBCO Spotfire offers the only analytic platform that help companies understand their assets through real-time monitoring of sensors and proactive alerting to impending issues, allowing for faster intervention and remedial action.