- Exam: TCP-BW5
- Number of exam questions: 64
- Exam duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Percentage correct to pass the exam: 63%
Candidates who can design, develop, deploy, monitor and manage a TIBCO ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks application of average complexity. They will use multiple protocols (HTTP, JMS, SOAP, FTP, File, etc.) and one or more processes that map data between endpoints. Processes could include transaction groups involving activities from supported palettes. With the right details, a qualified candidate will be able to configure shared resource components.
General: One year Enterprise Application Integration development experience, have an understanding of concepts such as distributed computing, adapters, services and canonical data model, exposure to Message Oriented Middleware, Java and other relevant technologies: XML, XPath, HTTP, JMS, SOAP, JDBC and Web Services.
Product Experience: One year of active experience using ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks 5.
- Installation and Configuration
- Installation, Domain Configuration, 3rd Party Libraries
- Developing Integration Solutions
- TIBCO Designer features, activity configuration, transitions, groups, Web Services.
- Mapping, Error Handling, Checkpointing, multiple processes
- Shared Resources, security, variables
- Identify the testing and debugging capabilities of ActiveMatrix BusinessWorks.
- Deployment, runtime characteristics, load balanced, fault-tolerence, scripted deployment.
- Monitoring, engine statistics, TIBCO Administrator.
- BusinessWorks engine management, versioning, tracing and tuning
Suggested Reading List
Documentation available at TIBCO Product Documention site.
- TIBCO BusinessWorks: Concepts, Process Design, Palette Reference, Installation, Administration
- TIBCO Designer User's Guide*
- TIBCO Administrator: Users Guide, Server Configuration Guide
- TIBCO Runtime Agent: Domain Utility User's Guide, Installation, Scripting Deployment User's Guide
Standards Reference URLs
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1
- XML Path Language (XPath) Version 1.0 and 2.0
- Java Message Service Specification 2.x
- XSL Transformations 1.0 and 2.0
- Web Services Security: SOAP Message Security 1.0
- SOAP 1.1 and 1.2
- XA Specification
- Java Transaction API (JTA)
Recommended Courses and Knowledge Assessments
- BW611: TIBCO BusinessWorks™ 5.x Integration Boot Camp*
- BW651: TIBCO BusinessWorks™ 5.x Administration Boot Camp*
- BW611 Knowledge Assessment
- BW651 Knowledge Assessment
*Course materials may only be obtained by attending the course(s) at: Courses, Knowledge Assessments and Schedules.