Lower the cost of running your apps
To help drive the most cost savings and performance in the pay-as-you-go model, the framework you use to build your app should be as light and efficient as possible. Traditional enterprise software running in containers, or even frameworks leveraging Java, are too memory-intensive to achieve an optimal degree of cost and execution efficiency. You need a very lightweight framework built on a contemporary language and specifically designed to address your modern application development and deployment needs.
To compare, we looked at various containerized enterprise application frameworks, and calculated the cost per day to run a baseline application on a standard cloud environment.
- Heavy frameworks build on traditional architectures, such as MuleSoft, turned out to be very costly
- JBoss based application runtimes showed high cost efficiency in comparison
- TIBCO BusinessWorks CE, although a full range framework, showed more than 95% cost efficiency relative to MuleSoft frameworks
- Spring, a resource optimized framework showed almost half the cost of running your apps compared to JBoss based frameworks
- Open source and ultra-light weight framework - Project Flogo - proved be the most efficient option costing less than fourth of Spring framework and 50x less than MuleSoft frameworks
To learn more, download Project Flogo and see how you can lower the cost of running your apps.
1 Flogo (crmadrig/flogoapp)
2 Spring (springio/gs-spring-boot-docker)
3 BWCE (crmadrig/helloworld:2.3.2-slim)
4 Jboss Wildfly (crmadrig/jboss-wildfly-helloworld)
5 Jboss Fuse (dwi67/jboss-fuse-6.3-admin)
6 Mule Community (wslph/mule:3.9.0-ce)
7 Mule Enterprise (wslph/mule:3.9.0-ee)