TIBCO Analytics Meetup: Natural Language Processing
Every quarter, our analytics experts present a 30-minute update to our virtual user community. This quarter, we dive into natural language processing (NLP) and with a live demo of NLP results visualized using the latest TIBCO SpotfireⓇ Mods. Join the live discussion with Chief Analytics Officer Michael O’Connell and the TIBCO Data Science team.
- TIBCO Data Science update by Michael O’Connell, Chief Analytics Officer
- Live demo of the NLP Toolkit for TIBCO Spotfire by Sweta Kotha, Senior Data Scientist
- TIBCO Community update by Heleen Snelting, Director Data Science
- Discussion and Q&A
You’ll learn about:
- Using a combination of exploratory NLP methods and algorithms and the latest TIBCO Spotfire Mods to analyze any textual data.
- Preprocessing steps such as removing stop words, removing special characters, and performing text normalization like stemming or lemmatization.
- Text vectorization methods including frequency and N-grams to retrieve top phrases and keywords.
- Popular functions for tasks including named-entity recognition, part-of-speech tagging, and sentiment analysis.
- TIBCO Community resources including the NLP Toolkit for Spotfire (Python data functions)