Alice LaPlante, Award-winning Author
Integration technologies have traditionally been used by a narrow audience within an organization to connect applications. As businesses undergo a new wave of digital transformation, integration has evolved to become pervasive― and the critical infrastructure of a digital business platform.
Pervasive integration is used by developers and business users, both within a company's properties and at the "edge" where data is generated by an ecosystem of devices, customers, partners, and others. Establishing a digital business platform requires a mastery of new integration architectures and patterns.
In this webcast you will learn:
- How pervasive integration spans the entire enterprise
- Why integration is a key component of a digital business platform
- New paradigms such as serverless architectures and event-driven microservices
- Edge-computing and machine learning scenarios
- Examples of technology that enable digital transformation
About Alice LaPlante
Alice LaPlante is an award-winning writer on technology and the business of technology. The former news editor of InfoWorld, and a contributing editor to ComputerWorld, InformationWeek, and other national publications, she was a Wallace Stegner Fellow at Stanford University and taught writing at Stanford for more than two decades. She is the author of six books, including Playing for Profit: How Digital Entertainment Is Making Big Business Out of Child's Play.