The purpose of TIBCO Data Integration Strategy Recommendation Tool is to provide a simple 80/20 type decision making tool to let you quickly, yet accurately, select the right data integration strategy for each new development project.
- Data integration is a challenging task and becoming ever more so as data silos proliferate and analytic needs increase.
- Fulfilling analytic data set requirements at the project level can be supported virtually or via physical consolidation/ETL.
- The data integration middleware used is dependent on the integration approach:
- Data virtualization middleware enables development and delivery of virtualized data sets.
- Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) or Extract, Load, and Transform (ELT) middleware supports delivery of data to physically consolidated data stores.
- Each approach, has unique strengths and are often used in hybrid combinations.
The tool is not designed to be all things to all people for every situation. It recognizes more detailed analysis may be needed.