What is Embedded BI?
Embedded BI is the integration of reports, dashboards, and data visualizations inside an application. The information is typically displayed and managed by a BI platform and is placed directly within the application's user interface to improve data usability and decision-making.
What is the value of embedded BI?
Embedded BI brings the power of BI directly into an existing application's user experience, giving users or customers richer context and fresh information within the operational applications they already know. This insertion of BI within operational or custom applications already used daily increases adoption by users and makes applications more valuable than traditional BI or analytics. This adoption puts data at the fingertips of users and leads to greater insights and smarter actions based on this data.
What are the main benefits of embedded BI?
- Seamless Embedding: Make your SaaS app stand out. Immerse pixel-perfect reports and dashboards seamlessly into your application's UI for an embedded BI experience that appears as one with your app. Interactive embedded reporting empowers your customers to gain deeper insights into their data. Our software is designed to let you control as little or as much embedded BI functionality as your customers need.
- Self-Service Reporting: Help users answer their own data questions. Are you slowed by requests from customers for reports and dashboards? Give them another reason to love your software by embedding self-service reporting into your application and enable them to find answers on their own. Our ad hoc design environment provides an intuitive drag-and-drop reporting interface, allowing them to create the reports and dashboards they want whenever they want them.
What are some essential capabilities for embedded BI?
- Pixel-perfect reports: Provide pixel-perfect, interactive reports and charts in your app, including on-the-fly sorting, filtering, and formatting of column values and headers.
- Multi-tenant BI: Using a single environment, quickly isolate users, roles, reports, and related permissions to securely separate one customer from another for SaaS-based applications.
- Interactive dashboards: Combine interactive reports, charts, and external web content into a single screen to form easy-to-navigate dashboards for your application users.
- Ad-hoc reporting: Embed self-service reporting in your application to allow users to discover their own answers using a drag-and-drop interface that anyone can use.
- Big data connectivity: Connect to any JDBC or ODBC data source or connect directly to Hadoop, MongoDB, Cassandra, and more for native reporting and real-time analytics.
Five Levels of Embedded BI
Free eBook This eBook explains the five most common levels of engagement you can achieve by...