TIBCO Releases Live Datamart 2.0 – The Latest Version of the Industry’s First Data Mart for Fast Data
Live Datamart Enables Businesses to Have Operational Intelligence and Control Over All Real-Time Conditions in the Moment.
TIBCO Live Datamart is the first data mart platform specifically designed for streaming Fast Data and real-time, continuous analytics. Instead of utilizing traditional ETL or ELT interfaces to data, TIBCO Live Datamart connects directly to streaming data, creates an in-memory image of those streams, and provides an ad-hoc query mechanism that returns continuous, real-time results and alerts to end users.
According to Gartner, “Digital business evolves when people, businesses and things communicate, transact business and negotiate with one another. CIOs must adapt to that new way of doing business or risk losing their competitive edge." 1
"TIBCO Live Datamart marks the end of the era of the end-of-day report because it's the first end-user data mart that was expressly designed for Fast Data from the ground up," said Mark Palmer, senior vice president and general manager, Event Processing, TIBCO. "With the rise in use of sensors and IoT-enabled devices in both commercial and consumer markets, the digital business today demands up-to-the-second control of their business operations. Money is made and lost in the moment, so they require a Live Datamart to see and act on conditions as they change, in real time."
TIBCO Live Datamart 2.0 contains a host of new features and improvements, including:
- Embedded R Predictive Analytics. Predictive analytics authored through TIBCO Spotfire® in TIBCO® Enterprise Runtime for R can now be “dropped in" the Live Datamart server.
- Continuous Query Processor Improvements. A range of new and improved query types including new dynamic aggregation, expanded alerting functionality, enhanced data compression, and improvements on dynamic real-time stream query performance.
- Internet of Things Support. TIBCO Live Datamart provides continuous intelligence and business operations analytics on streaming IoT data. Release 2.0 features connectivity to Internet of Things data sources, and protocols including OSI Pi and MQTT (MQ Telemetry Transport).
- New API Libraries for Mobile and Web Access. Mobile and web access to live data are becoming increasingly important to digital business. StreamBase LiveView® 2.0 provides new APIs that allow these devices to provide end-user access to live operational intelligence with standard HTML5 technologies.
- Native In-Memory Data Grid Support with ActiveSpaces®. TIBCO Live Datamart tables can now be streamed directly from ActiveSpaces into the Datamart server.
- StreamBase LiveView Desktop Enhancements. StreamBase LiveView Desktop provides end-user query functionality, live graphing, ad-hoc application development, and end-user alerting control. Version 2.0 of the StreamBase LiveView Desktop includes enterprise failover functionality as well as visualization and usability improvements.
With the industry-first data mart for Fast Data having initially been launched in 2012, TIBCO Live Datamart 2.0 brings a host of new features and is the latest version of this groundbreaking product and is now generally available worldwide. For more information or to register for the Live Datamart webinar, please visit http://www.tibco.com/products/event-processing/complex-event-processing/streambase-liveview.
TIBCO Software Inc. is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it's optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® -- the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, the TIBCO logo, ActiveSpaces, StreamBase LiveView, Spotfire and Two-Second Advantage are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.