TIBCO Jaspersoft Launches Visualize.js Framework for Embedding Analytics and Data Visualizations
5.6 Release also Advances Big Data Access, Performance, Analytics and Reporting
With Visualize.js, anyone building a web application can more easily include powerful analytics as an integrated experience. Developers can now embed highly interactive visualizations and reports with more control and power than previously available using iFrames, charting libraries or other BI vendor solutions. Visualize.js leverages the REST APIs of JasperReports® Server for built-in services such as data connectivity, repository access, in-memory analytics, and visualization design. Visualize.js ushers in the next generation of embedded analytic platforms with its on-premises or cloud deployment options, low-cost subscription or utility pricing, and comprehensive feature set which delivers unmatched control and simplicity.
Early Visualize.js user, Raj Chary, vice president of technology and architecture at Triumph Learning, noted, "Our Web-based application, GET Waggle, makes it simple for teachers and school administrators to track and measure students' progress and growth on skills and standards. Data visualizations and analytics are a key component of our product platform, and the ability to take immediate actions on key metrics makes it a very powerful tool for our users. We needed visualizations in our product to be a delightful, not a daunting experience. Jaspersoft, with Visualize.js, provided a very rich way to integrate and build reports. This allowed us to easily embed the full power of the platform into GET Waggle to create an experience that makes the data actionable for our users."
Version 5.6 of the Jaspersoft BI platform is designed to help more business users become capably analytic, with advances in key areas such as Big Data connectivity, platform performance, analytics and reporting. In summary, the new features in version 5.6 include:
- Federated query connectors to virtually blend relational data with data from companies such as MongoDB, Hadoop or Cassandra;
- Improved native connectors for direct access to companies such as MongoDB, Hadoop and Cassandra for real-time reporting;
- New analytic calculations and functions allow users to build their own algorithms for more advanced analysis of data;
- New chart types including spider, bubble, and dual-level pie charts; and
- Enhanced interactive reporting functionality, including improved zoom and search capabilities.
"More than ever, analytics is now a thing that you do and not a place that you go," said Brian Gentile, senior vice president and general manager, TIBCO Jaspersoft. "The Jaspersoft 5.6 platform advancements, when combined with the new Visualize.js framework, enable any web application to seamlessly embed and control advanced analytic functionality. This enables just the right amount of data — no more and no less — to be presented directly in an application, making everyone more capably analytic."
- Visualize.js introduction video
- Learn more about TIBCO Jaspersoft 5.6
- See why more than 130,000 organizations have chosen Jaspersoft
- Visit http://community.jaspersoft.com for more information about the Jaspersoft open source community
- Follow @Jaspersoft on Twitter to stay up to date on all of the company's latest news and product information
TIBCO Software Inc. (NASDAQ: TIBX) is a global leader in infrastructure and business intelligence software. Whether it's optimizing inventory, cross-selling products, or averting crisis before it happens, TIBCO uniquely delivers the Two-Second Advantage® – the ability to capture the right information at the right time and act on it preemptively for a competitive advantage. With a broad mix of innovative products and services, TIBCO is the strategic technology partner trusted by businesses around the world. Learn more about TIBCO at www.tibco.com.
TIBCO, Jaspersoft, Two-Second Advantage and TIBCO Software are trademarks or registered trademarks of TIBCO Software Inc. and/or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other product and company names and marks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective owners and are mentioned for identification purposes only.