API management initiatives are perceived as simple technical solutions to a complex technical problem. But after an API management solution is in place, organizations typically run into challenges:
- Centralized data: It is valuable for an organization to see a list of all its published APIs and find high-level information about their use cases. They want to quickly know which internal team is responsible for each API.
- Invoked services: It can be difficult to display which users or partners are invoking which service.
- API management: Managing, monitoring, and automating all business processes related to the life cycle of APIs is needed.
- Monetization: Businesses need to easily market and monetize assets like a public shopping window or marketplace.
- Data silos: Enterprise teams and internal organizations are often compartmentalized without clear channels of communication, preventing technology and asset sharing.
A typical API Management solution is designed to publish, manage, and monitor APIs from a technical standpoint, but not to resolve these internal challenges. The solution? API Share from Key Partner.
API Share is a business-oriented service that offers each API client a high-level view of their API ecosystem and provides the tools to establish a comprehensive, governing infrastructure.
APIs are the gatekeeper to sharing, analyzing, and transforming data. If businesses are not considering APIs as a part of their business model, they are already falling behind. Offering a publicly available, product-oriented API catalog is the best way to advertise, market, and eventually, monetize these assets. Sharing data through APIs is a good way to form new, potentially lucrative business partnerships.
With API Share, you can provide your customers with a microservices architecture integrated with their existing API gateway. Users have a web portal to navigate the enterprise product catalog, oversee the API lifecycle, manage the organization, and request API usage.
The introduction of a unified API application catalog drives efficiency, providing re-use and enhancement of current systems.