APIs: Building an On-Ramp to the Digital Enterprise
Maintaining a competitive edge today means building a Digital Enterprise capable of taking full advantage of social, mobile, web, cloud, “things,” (sensors and devices), and analytics technologies. Among the terms used to describe this business transition is “the API Economy,” an economy in which APIs are no longer just an IT concern, but the underpinnings of new revenue streams and new business models that are disrupting entire industries.
Read this paper to learn about:
- New, modern applications being built for the enterprise
- Application ecosystems and extending the value of your company in the API Economy
- Two ways to integrate devices in the Internet of Things
- The microservices approach to application development
- The role of API management in the digital enterprise