9:00 AM PDT/ 12:00 PM EDT/ 4:00 PM GMT
This year we launch a new Dr. Data Science series that explores a real-world data science project end to end. We'll take a comprehensive and detailed look at the work of the data scientist by examining each stage of a complex project, from inception through to deployment. We'll not only cover the classical phases of data science — including exploration, data preparation, feature generation, modeling, testing, and model ops — but also look at what happens when the right data isn't available, avenues of exploration don't yield results, models aren't accurate enough, and requirements change.
In this session, we take a close look at data prep and feature generation. It’s the most important — and the most overlooked — part of the data scientist’s job. After all, the accuracy of a model might gain a few points by using a more advanced algorithm, but it can change completely with the addition of the right features. In this project we were faced with complex images and a high proportion of missing values. See what we found when we started looking beyond our standard toolkit of transformations.
What is Dr. Data Science?
Dr. Data Science is an interactive presentation aimed at helping new and advanced practitioners of data science and machine learning. The program is hosted by experts from our Data Science and Customer Success teams, including veterans from the world of advanced analytics and architects of the TIBCOⓇ Data Science platform. The program consists of two parts:
- Office Hours: Monthly 30-minute live webinars to help everyone navigate best practices and technologies in the world of data science
- Info Gain: A tidbit of useful information for everyday data science, based on the most popular questions submitted to the TIBCO Community for Data Science
- Feature Sessions: The main presentation, featuring extended topics and unique challenges in advanced analytics and machine learning
- Regular Tips: Weekly 5-10 minute YouTube videos to help users with day-to-day recommendations for TIBCO Data Science software.
Missed any previous sessions? Catch up on our YouTube channel.
How to get your questions answered?
- Tweet your question with the hashtag, #DrDataScience.
- Post your question to TIBCO Community “Answers” section with the hashtag, #DrDataScience.