Greenway Health Gets Years of Savings and Increases Revenue, Partners, Call Volume
API program brings $1.4 million in first year
As a highly regulated, critical ecosystem of fragmented constituents that provide valuable services and manage our protected health information, the healthcare industry has struggled to break free of legacy systems to adopt the innovative technologies that other industries have already implemented. However, some leading healthcare companies are championing APIs as a secure way to share data and easily create innovative offerings that provide new revenue, improve processes, and enhance patient care. Greenway Health is one such company that has leveraged APIs to facilitate secure partner integrations with its PrimeSUITE integrated EHR and practice management solution for a low total cost of ownership.
A leader in health IT, Greenway Health offers solutions that help providers compete in an evolving healthcare system with its PrimeSuite for EHR and practice management platform. Greenway Health shows how healthcare companies can stay competitive in an age of constant technological innovation and generate significant new revenue streams with APIs.
- Enable the creation of solutions to complement the PrimeSuite core product and build a Marketplace for partners and consumers
- Grow business development efforts and generate new revenue streams
- Reach customers on any device via a home-grown cross-platform app
- Mashery API Management enabled quick time to market amounting to years of savings and low cost of ownership
- $1.4M revenue run rate for this fiscal year from the API program alone
- 24x number of partners and 431% YoY call volume growth since 2012
- 25% of PrimeSuite customers using Marketplace integrations from partners
- Converted from SOAP and XML to REST and JSON to produce mobile API that powers apps for iPad, iPhone, Microsoft Surface, and Android