Discover new insights
Share your thoughts
Help your neighbors
COVID-19 Spotfire Application
This interactive application has visual analytics that show the current outbreak status, growth trajectories, rate of spread, effects of interventions, and healthcare resources. Use it to see global patterns and interactively drill into your local region. This video shows highlights of the TIBCO Spotfire® COVID-19 application:
Meeting the challenge of this pandemic calls us all to be deliberate and thoughtful, and so, too, does the data you’ll find through this app. For those who are not interested in exploring the data, key takeaways are in the Summary and Community Actions sections at the end of this blog.
COVID-19 Application Gallery
Build your own COVID-19 application with the Spotfire starter template
By providing access to a variety of useful datasets that are refreshed daily, the downloadable Spotfire® template allows users and partners to quickly get started with COVID-19 analysis:
- Johns Hopkins University CSSE public data on global Coronavirus cases, deaths, and recoveries in countries, provinces, and US counties
- US Census Bureau data on US state and county populations
- Disease Virulence data on several viruses aggregated from multiple sources
The template includes R scripts and data workflows that download and clean the latest public data.
TIBCO Partners and Customers collaborating on COVID-19 work
These TIBCO customers and partners are providing resources and working on COVID-19 issues using TIBCO Software. Their aim is to accelerate development of solutions by sharing insights and resources. If you would like to join this effort and share your resources here please get in touch!
Arria Natural Language Generation (NLG)
PerkinElmer is a strategic partner that provides the next generation of scientific research and development applications to the marketplace. Get more information on their COVID-19 projects on the TIBCO Community COVID-19 HQ page.
Special thanks to the members of the TIBCO Data Science team who are working on these analyses using Spotfire software (visual analytics, R, Python): Neil Kanungo, Peter Shaw, and Prem Shah supported by Vinoth Manamala, Eric Hsu, David Katz, Colin Gray, Ian Pestell, Andrew Berridge, Heleen Snelting, Mike Alperin, and Dan Rope.
Tweet us with any questions or comments:
Michael O'Connell: @MichOConnell
TIBCO Software: @TIBCO
Blogs and Webinars
- Webinar - Harnessing the Power of Visual Analytics & Data Science in Health Trends with TIBCO's Data Science Team and Partner Perkin-Elmer
- Webinar - Data Science & Driving Fast, Predictive Insights into Health Trends with TIBCO's Data Science Team
- Blog - COVID-19 : A Visual Data Science Analysis and Review »
- Blog - COVID-19 Update and Methodologies Part 2 »
Data sources used:
- Johns Hopkins: Coronavirus Resource Center »
- ECDC: Daily updates from Europe »
- Our World in Data: Coronavirus Testing – Source Data »
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus situation reports »
- CDC: Healthcare guidelines and reference data
Complete list of data sources used in the Live Spotfire App is maintained in the Release Notes of the Live Spotfire App itself.