TIBCO4Good: Applying data-centric approaches to solving critical global issues.
COVID-19 Spotfire Application
This interactive application has visual analytics that show the current outbreak status, growth trajectories, rate of spread, effects of interventions, and healthcare resources. Use it to see global patterns and interactively drill into your local region. This video shows highlights of the TIBCO Spotfire® COVID-19 application:
Meeting the challenge of this pandemic calls us all to be deliberate and thoughtful, and so, too, does the data you’ll find through this app. For those who are not interested in exploring the data, key takeaways are in the Summary and Community Actions sections at the end of this blog.
COVID-19 Application Gallery
Blogs and Webinars
- Webinar - Emerging Trends and Data about SARS-CoV-2 Epidemiology and Genetics from a Data Analytics Perspective with TIBCO's Data Science Team and Partner Perkin-Elmer
- Webinar - Visual Data Science : An Analytics Primer in the Back to Work Landscape with TIBCO's Data Science Team
- Webinar - Enabling Macro and Micro Insights into the COVID-19 Pandemic Through the Power of Visual Analytics: Practical Insight with TIBCO's Data Science Team, Partner Perkin-Elmer & CAS, a division of the ACS
- Webinar - Harnessing the Power of Visual Analytics & Data Science in Health Trends with TIBCO's Data Science Team and Partner Perkin-Elmer
- Webinar - Data Science & Driving Fast, Predictive Insights into Health Trends with TIBCO's Data Science Team
- Blog - COVID-19: Returning to Normal and Our Economy in the Time of COVID-19
- Blog - COVID-19: A Visual Data Science Analysis and Review (Part 1) »
- Blog - COVID-19: Update and Methodologies (Part 2) »
- Blog - COVID-19: A Primer for Analytics in the Back-to-Work Landscape (Part 3) »
TIBCO Partners and Customers collaborating on COVID-19 work
These TIBCO customers and partners are providing resources and working on COVID-19 issues using TIBCO Software. Their aim is to accelerate development of solutions by sharing insights and resources. If you would like to join this effort and share your resources here please get in touch!
Previously Kaufman Hall Software, over decades Syntellis has provided powerful, easy-to-use financial planning solutions to empower healthcare, higher education, and financial institutions to transform their visions into reality. Syntellis & Kaufman Hall offer expert insights and in-the-trenches accounts of how the COVID-19 pandemic is playing out and how organizations can respond. Learn more.
Accencio, in collaboration with data and technology partners including TIBCO, is engaged in a multiphase project to provide information, visualizations, and analysis relevant to COVID-19 researchers. Get more details on the Accencio TIBCO Community wiki page.
WashU Genetics is undertaking a variety of approaches to combating COVID-19, including bioinformatics apps developed with TIBCO SpotfireⓇ software. One app uses functional genomics tools to explore how human (host) genetic variation affects the ability for the virus to enter the cell and the cell’s ability to trigger an immune response. Another Spotfire app examines units within the viral genome (known as “domains”). A dataset capable of exploring the COVID-19 genome and domains is available by request from WashU. Learn more.
Arria Natural Language Generation (NLG)
TIBCO and Change Healthcare, one of the largest independent healthcare technology companies in the United States, help providers, payers, and pharmacies better use their health IT data. See the Change Healthcare COVID-19 Web Site and TIBCO press release for information on this relationship. Latest Datanami article.
PerkinElmer is a strategic partner that provides the next generation of scientific research and development applications to the marketplace. Get more information on their COVID-19 projects on the TIBCO Community COVID-19 HQ page.
Build your own COVID-19 application with the Spotfire starter template
By providing access to a variety of useful datasets that are refreshed daily, the downloadable Spotfire® template allows users and partners to quickly get started with COVID-19 analysis:
- Johns Hopkins University CSSE public data on global Coronavirus cases, deaths, and recoveries in countries, provinces, and US counties
- US Census Bureau data on US state and county populations
- Disease Virulence data on several viruses aggregated from multiple sources
The template includes R scripts and data workflows that download and clean the latest public data.
Data sources used:
- Johns Hopkins: Coronavirus Resource Center »
- ECDC: Daily updates from Europe »
- Our World in Data: Coronavirus Testing – Source Data »
- World Health Organization: Coronavirus situation reports »
- CDC: Healthcare guidelines and reference data
Complete list of data sources used in the Live Spotfire App is maintained in the Release Notes of the Live Spotfire App itself.
Built with contributions from many TIBCO Colleagues. Special thanks to the members of the TIBCO Data Science team who are working on these analyses using Spotfire software (visual analytics, R, Python): Neil Kanungo, Peter Shaw, and Prem Shah supported by Vinoth Manamala, Eric Hsu, David Katz, Colin Gray, Ian Pestell, Andrew Berridge, Heleen Snelting, Mike Alperin, and Dan Rope.
Tweet us with any questions or comments:
Michael O'Connell: @MichOConnell
TIBCO Software: @TIBCO