Tech Lead, Salesforce Platform & Systems
Are you ready to be a part of a team of IT professionals that regularly immerse themselves in cutting-edge technology? Our IT team at TIBCO consists of the brightest admins, engineers, analysts, and support technicians that all share your passion. This position is within Go to Market business applications team responsible for Salesforce Platform - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Partner communities, CPQ, and integrations with boundary systems including Financial systems (ERP, Data Warehouse & Custom Build systems). The IT solution architect will be the Salesforce Platform technical owner and responsible for technical hygiene, system architecture, enforcement of best practices for maintenance, stability, and scalability to achieve business goals and objectives. This role requires substantial expertise and hands-on experience in Force.com platform, Apex coding, CPQ configurations (Apttus/Salesforce) and customizations. Deep expertise in addressing integration and performance issues to ensure the platform's nonfunctional elements are aligned with best practices is desirable. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance to strong architectural principles, use system resources efficiently, and integrate cleanly with the UI and server components of CPQ/boundary systems. You will focus on delivering technical features that are elegant, optimized, modularized, and reusable, ensuring the designs are flexible and extendable. You will also be responsible for the overall integrity of the Salesforce solution, so you must have knowledge of the existing system set, applicable IT standards, security practices, and learn, develop, and apply TIBCO’s overall systems strategy.
At TIBCO, we provide the skill and knowledge needed to respond to technical problems. Through innovative solutions and a focus on positive impact, we produce success in the workplace daily. Our technology is not limited to developing new ideas – it also encompasses putting those same ideas into action. If you embody what it means to be highly motivated, a problem-solver, a challenge-seeker, and someone who focuses on improving customer satisfaction imagine all you can accomplish here.
Colorado Wage Notice: $120,000 - $145,000
What You'll Do
● Collaborate with business analysts, developers, business architects internally and cross-functionally to convert solution design & business requirements to technical blueprint and working features
● Responsible for configurations(Salesforce Platform/CPQ), customizations, write code/troubleshoot if necessary (Apex, Visualforce, Lightning Components, Web/Integration technologies & data migration).
● Responsible for building dev-ops operating model, continuous integration (CI), testing framework and ownership of release management, version control, automated build process for the salesforce platform
● Work as a senior developer individual contributor on major projects/enhancements/production support tickets
● Technical owner of salesforce platform (Sales, Service, Marketing & Communities) including CPQ & system integrations with boundary systems
● Hand-on technical Lead with ability to solve complex issues related to Salesforce platform & CPQ(Apttus & Salesforce) in a distributed environment
● Create proof of concepts (POCs) and build prototypes quickly to evaluate system capabilities(Salesforce Platform) and CPQ Apttus(Conga)/Salesforce CPQ.
● Coordinate with onshore and offshore development team members to distribute the work and ensure the readiness for successful product releases including oversight of implementation partners involved with salesforce configuration and development work
● Support the technical teams or business teams in any metadata or data restoration processes
● Identify latest developments in the Salesforce platform aligning technical solutions with business needs and ensure best practices are being followed
● Responsible for continuous functional improvements on the platform, refactoring of the existing custom code to align with best practices
● Ensure 24X7 platform availability, including availability to provide support to the business and solutions team on critical production issues and Quarter ends.
Who You Are
- Bachelor of Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Self-starter with a “can do” and flexible attitude with a bias for action.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and have conversations with audiences at all levels.
- Use a consultative and collaborative approach to problem-solving and a zeal to provide an elegant and scalable technical solution to complex business challenges.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Developer in a mid to large sized matrixed organization, with at least 2 years as a technical owner for the Salesforce platform
- 6+ years of Salesforce administration support expertise and experience, certifications a plus
- 3+ years of experience configuring/customization of Apttus or Salesforce CPQ or any other commercial CPQ, certifications as plus
- 3+ experience in release management, including familiarity with dev-ops and continuous integration models.
- Experience in various CPQ functionalities like perpetual and subscription-based licensing, amendments, cancellations, co-terming, and renewals
- Understanding of product configuration, pricing rules, quote, order, cart configuration, approval rules & related configurations.
- Experience with Salesforce integrations to ERP/boundary systems, including with Salesforce Einstein, Salesforce Shield, Marketo. Zuora experience a plus
- Functional understanding of Lead to cash processes in a mid/large-sized organization.
- Experience with general setup and governance such as salesforce limits usage, security, access settings, user access, installed packages, etc.
- Ability to create architectural documents including high-level system & technical diagrams to share with solution and technical teams
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, Scrum and Sprint models, and a strong believer in agile, iterative development model.
- Passion for solving challenging technical problems, with a zeal for Salesforce platform/CPQ.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.
Home Office, CO