Tech Lead (Data Source & Drivers/ Java Developer)
Are you interested in working on leading edge technologies? Are you fascinated with Data Technologies, Application Servers, Federation, and/or Data Pipelines? Then this opportunity is for you!
The industry leading TIBCO Data Virtualization team is looking for bright engineering talent with experience in the area of SQL Data Access using JDBC, WebServices, and native client access for both relational as well as non-relational data sources. You will have expertise in using Java and SQL to communicate with and query several different data sources and understand their metadata. The core responsibilities will include helping customers be successful and helping to extend and update our large collection of data source adapters that allows our software to create federated queries over anything that has data. This includes relational data sources, big data, cloud applications, enterprise applications, and more. As a lead, you will also help hire and mentor members of your team and set priorities.
The TDV server is implemented by a multi-million line source base in Java, so the ability to understand and work with existing code is an absolute must. The core runtime is a complex multi-threaded system and the successful candidate will demonstrate complete expertise in handling features geared towards concurrent transactions in a low latency, high throughput and scalable server environment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a collaborative environment with leading data virtualization experts in building the most robust, scalable and high performing database server
What You'll Do
In this crucial role as a Lead Engineer, you will:
▪ Lead a team of data source and driver engineers.
▪ Drive enhancements to existing data-source and driver capabilities
▪ Diagnose customer issues and perform bug fixes
▪ Develop new TDV data source connectors and maintain existing ones
▪ Understand and interface with 3rd party JDBC drivers
▪ Ensure all security-related aspects of driver operation function with zero defects
▪ Suggest and implement performance optimizations
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience, or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years programming experience
- 3+ years of Java based server side experience
- 2+ years experience with at least one of JDBC, ODBC, SOAP, REST, and/or OData
- 2+ years of multithreading experience
- Solid SQL skills
- Proficiency in both spoken and written communication in English is a must
- Strong database and object-oriented design background
- Experience with any of the following types of data sources: Relational, Big Data, Cloud, Data Lakes, and Enterprise Applications.
- Experience with all lifecycle aspects of enterprise software and security technologies
- Experience working with large, pre-existing code bases
- Experience developing or configuring cloud-based software
- Experience with C#, C++, and/or .NET frameworks
How you’ll be rewarded:
- Focus on YOU - Health and Wellbeing : Employee Assistance Programme and an employer-funded Private Medical Insurance plan, flexible working options and genuine work/life balance.
- Focus on FINANCES - Financial Future : We understand that financial security is key. You will have income protection, and death and disability insurances to provide you with financial peace-of-mind.
- Focus on PROGRESSION – Learn and Advance : Develop your skills with best-in-class on-line and in-person learning and development tools. Take advantage of TIBCO’s Career Mapping to enhance and develop your skills to take your career in the right direction.
- Focus on COMMUNITY – Collaboration and Inclusion : We strive to create a truly diverse, inclusive and collaborative community where we seek out inspiration, innovation and genuine WOW moments. From inspiring key-note speakers, mental health awareness, and culture recognition days, we offer you a truly diverse environment where your voice matters.
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for. If on a work permit or visa please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs must be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.