Experience - 1 to 5 yrs
The primary responsibility of a support engineer in the Spotfire Product Support team is to troubleshoot and solve customer issues that may arise during the use and implementation of the Spotfire product suite. In addition to solving problems, the support engineer will also provide answers to questions and assist/advice customers with use, configuration, and optimization of the Spotfire product suite.
What You'll Do
- Collecting all relevant information to fully understand customer issues to be able to troubleshoot, isolate, and resolve in a timely manner
- Systematically analyzing Spotfire’s native log files and third-party log files to understand/describe chains of events
- Setting up test environments to replicate customer environments and reproduce customer issues
- Troubleshooting and assisting customers with accessing data from various data sources (e.g. relational databases, OLAP cubes, web services, …)
- Assisting customers with optimizing data access performance, such as reviewing SQL or MDX queries and/or analyzing data transfer and suggesting improvements
- Providing guidance and troubleshooting issues related to data analysis/visualization in Spotfire
- When needed, analyzing network traffic to understand problems, using tools like Wireshark, Fiddler, and web browser debugging tools
- Making use of the Spotfire product source code in case troubleshooting, such as looking up an error message in Java or C# code to understand its context
- Closely collaborating with team members in both local and remote support teams, as well as members of the Product Development and Product Management departments, in solving complex support cases
- Mentoring and training less senior members of the team, e.g. by coaching them in case troubleshooting or by providing knowledge transfer/training sessions
- Creating customer self-service content, e.g. in the form of knowledge base articles, community forum posts and videos.
- Participating in side-projects aimed at improving our processes and tools, and the usability, supportability and quality of products being supported.
- Flexibility to work in shifts(Morning, EMEA and US shifts)
Who You Are
- BE/ME in Information Technology, Computer Science or related
- Superior verbal and writing skills
- Learning new technologies and learning them quickly
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and being able to manage different responsibilities pertaining to this role
- High attention to details and ability to articulate complex concepts
- Ability to handle demanding and difficult customers and their expectations
- Taking ownership of your time with the team and making a difference
- Hands on experience with Linux Operating System & Windows Server OS’s
- Deep academic knowledge or hands on experience on at least 2 below listed areas:
- Databases(Oracle MS-SQL), SQL, PL-SQL, connectors, drivers
- Programming/Scripting (Python, R, Java, Shell etc)
- Apache Spark/Big-Data /Hadoop
- Encryption (HTTPS)
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.