We are seeking a highly-experienced, dynamic and innovative Senior Front-End Developer to join our product and engineering organization. Your work/contributions will be help us develop software products that drive customer adoption, satisfaction, and overall growth in our business.
Product Overview/Team Overview:
You will be part of the UX/UI team for a specific product group at TIBCO Software Inc. Our products cover a range of capabilities in the data and analytics space allowing users to work with their data across the data journey – from discovering, analyzing, managing and governing their data. Our authoring tools allows users to analyze and build sophisticated visualizations and applications with large scale distributions across organizations. Senior front-end engineers partner closely with UX/UI team and other engineers to plan work and build products.
What You’ll Do:
· Collaborate with the product owner, technical lead, UX designer, and other stakeholders to design, prototype and develop enterprise-class web applications
· Lead the architectural and design of product features/functionality to ensure design meets the needs of stakeholders and customers
· Maintain existing code and optimize it to increase maintainability, performance, speed and scalability
· Help stakeholders understand the balance between functional and aesthetic design based on feasibility / time to development
· Code should be architected to ensure design is optimized across all resolutions/viewports/devices
· Develop reusable code (where appropriate) for future use / speed of development
· Feel comfortable in utilizing a variety of markup languages to write front-end code
· Lead CSS architecture and development to ensure consistency throughout the design
· Understand full-stack dependencies to minimize regressions and attain improved designs.
· Guide and mentor junior engineers. Serve as team lead if appropriate
What You'll Do
Who You Are:
As a Front-End Developer, you will develop advanced tools that allow our customers to build highly-sophisticated Business Intelligence applications for their stakeholders. You will work as a member of an engineering “feature team,” responsible for delivering value to our customers. In this role, you will design, implement, and deliver enterprise-class browser-based applications for both internal- and external-facing consumers. You will be part of a dynamic team of engineers who are developing cutting edge technology that fuels the premier BI platform in the industry. Your primary focus will be on front-end technologies but are able to take a systems approach to development, and design your work based on its implications across the full technology stack. You
believe that good design is the key to good coding -- “measure twice, cut once.
Who You Are
· BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related subject
· 2+ years’ experience with React and WebPack, additional frameworks a plus
· 1+ years’ experience with code optimization and fast responsive design
· 1+ years’ experience with developing across devices
· Java experience a plus
· Experience with unit testing frameworks (Junit, Cypress, etc.) a plus
· Passion for writing well composed, testable code with a focus on readability and
· Experience with open source build/deployment tools like Maven, Jenkins etc. is a plus.
· Excellent communication skills
· Knowledge of modern accessibility requirements a plus
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.