Site Reliability Engineer
Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., TIBCO Software empowers executives, developers, and business users with Fast Data solutions that make the right data available in real time for faster answers, better decisions, and smarter action. Over the past 15 years, thousands of businesses across the globe have relied on TIBCO technology to integrate their applications and ecosystems, analyze their data, and create real-time solutions.
What You'll Do
● You will be responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, and emergency response for systems managed by the TIBCO Cloud Site Reliability Engineering team.
● Analyze, prioritize, and complete tasks assigned to the team for planned and unplanned work.
● Analyze and optimize the operational cost of running system infrastructure in AWS and Azure.
● Take a pragmatic approach to balance software quality, deliverable schedule, and technical debt.
● Work with a globally distributed team of SRE, developers, QA, and Customer Support.
Who You Are
? 2-10 years working in a Technical/Cloud environment
? Team player with good relationship building skills
? Strong foundations in both software and systems engineering
? Strong problem-solving skills
? Operate with calm and composure, under pressure
? Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
? Passion to learn new technologies, solve problems, and deliver customer-centered solutions that make you proud
? Strong time management and organizations skills
? Proficiency with three or more (3+) of the following tools and technology:
? Version control tools such as SVN and Git
? Cloud Infrastructure as a Service Providers (AWS, Azure, Google)
? CI tools like Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo
? Config Management tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible
? Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform and Cloudformation
? Log Management tools like Elasticsearch and Splunk
? Monitoring and Alerting tools like AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, Prometheus, and Grafana
? Setting up and managing containerized systems using Docker and Kubernetes
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.