Senior UX Designer and Researcher
TIBCO Software is a leading enterprise software company with headquarters in Silicon Valley Northern California, specializing in integration, data & analytics, operational intelligence, and smart applications.
We are seeking a highly experienced Senior UX Designer for WebFOCUS to join our remote global team and be a hands-on leader in our Product organization. This US-based role includes inspiring change by:
- Helping teams better understand our users and providing concrete, data-supported recommendations to serve them
- Being a customer advocate and consistently striving to achieve the highest quality experience in all our products
- Using research insights and design best practices to help define the design strategy and bring new solutions to life
As a senior member of our UX team, you believe that our customers are at the center of all we do. You are a doer, a maker, and a passionate advocate for the optimal customer experience. Your support in our research efforts and leadership in our design solutions will help drive customer adoption, satisfaction, and growth across our product suite.
Colorado Wage Notice: 120000
What You'll Do
In this role you will:
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team including product managers, engineers, and other members of the UX team
- Work with extreme attention to detail and a high standard of quality
- Help product managers define strategy and vision from a user-centered perspective. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but ask “why are we designing this at all?”
- Be a customer advocate and consistently drive for quality of our products to achieve the highest quality experience in all decisions
- Translate requirements into experiences that meet our customers’ needs
- Facilitate design sessions to help our teams deliver the best possible solutions
- Develop appropriate design artifacts and document specifications, as appropriate, to transition designs to Engineering for development
- Support qualitative & quantitative research planning, design, recruitment, execution, analysis, and sharing of insights and recommendations
- Assist in writing user stories and acceptance criteria
Who You Are
- At least 5-8 years of practical Product or UX Design experience
- Experience working with complex/highly technical products and designing/conducting research for highly technical users
- Comfort working in a fast-paced global organization and on multiple projects at a time
- Confidence presenting new concepts and design approaches to team members, key stakeholders and customers
- Self-motivated to continuously learn and grow as a designer and provide inspiration to other team members
- A passion for mentoring other UX team members and working in a collaborative environment
- A portfolio that demonstrates your thought process across mobile, desktop or cloud-based application design as well as your understanding of user-centered design methodology and principles
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard UX design tools, e.g., Sketch (preferred), Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, etc.
- Excellent communication, rapid prototyping and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity.
- Applied experience using design systems, component libraries and UI frameworks
- Knowledge of W3C 508 Compliance guidelines and design techniques to ensure the product is accessible by all customers
- Experience documenting
- workflows, use cases and UX/UI functional specifications
- Experience working with front-end engineers to deliver functional specifications, wireframes, mockups prototypes and other supporting assets
- Nice to have:
- Applied experience conducting qualitative/quantitative research
- Applied research experience using methods such as, but not limited to, interviews, contextual inquiry, focus groups, surveys, and usability testing
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.