Senior Support Engineer
The Global Support organization at TIBCO provides technical Product Support services to our customers.
Experience - 3 to 5 years
What You'll Do
- TIBCO BW or TIBCO EMS/ Admin knowledge/experience
- Understand the product issues reported by the customer and reproduce them locally in the support lab.
- Attempt to own and manage urgent issues from a technical standpoint with minimal assistance.
- Create Change Requests (CRs) for the defects/enhancements reported by the customer.
- Work on the assigned TIBCO products (maybe more than one) and build proficiency in all areas of those products.
- Create Knowledge Base articles (FAQ/Solutions) for the issues that have repeat value.
- May need to work in the following shifts on a rotation basis:
- APAC / Early morning shift (~4:30 am - 1:30 pm IST)
- EMEA shift (~12:30 pm - 9:30 pm IST)
- US East shift (~3 pm - 12 am IST)
- US West or night shift (~9:00 pm - 6 am IST)
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent (BE/ME/MCA) with 5-8 years of relevant IT experience.
- Good troubleshooting and analytical skills Good knowledge of programming languages (JAVA/ C/ C++/.Net) and debugging skills.
- Good understanding of Unix and Windows operating systems and ability to simulate/debug problems on these.
- Working knowledge of several of these technologies: J2EE, JMS, XML/XPATH, Web services, web development, app/web servers, networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of databases (Oracle /SQL Server / DB2) and proficient in writing / analyzing SQL queries.
Nice to have (any of these):
- Product/Application support experience, JAVA / Database certification
- Knowledge of different Authentication/Authorization mechanisms e.g. Basic, OAuth, Kerberos, etc.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies and different services e.g. AWS, Docker, RedShift..etc TLS/SSL concepts and their working mechanism.
- Process Management, Memory Management, Performance management, application Scaling, etc.
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.