Senior Quality Assurance Architect
Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., TIBCO Software empowers executives, developers, and business users with Fast Data solutions that make the right data available in real time for faster answers, better decisions, and smarter action. Over the past 15 years, thousands of businesses across the globe have relied on TIBCO technology to integrate their applications and ecosystems, analyze their data, and create real-time solutions.
With more than 10,000 customers, 4000 employees located in 33 countries, TIBCO has retained the speed and agility of a start-up. We value and encourage new ideas, direct communication, out-of-the-box thinking, risk-taking and creative problem solving.
We're looking for people who want to make a difference doing a job they love – dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, new-idea-driven environment. We value hard work and provide new opportunities to grow, learn, and excel.
Mashery, a pioneer in the API Management space, was born out of key business needs in the market to enable faster app development and partner growth, provide better more secure API performance, and deliver data-powered insights. We help customers launch their API programs quickly to get new products and services to market faster, and connect with business partners more easily to foster innovation and expand routes to market. We can also deliver successful API performance with integrated security, and ensure that analytics and a performance dashboard help users understand what works, what doesn’t, and how to determine what data sets will be valuable.
As a Senior QA Architect engineer you will be responsible for CI/CD frameworks, test automation, API testing, tooling and ensuring that the testing process progresses smoothly with a high degree of reliability. You will actively attempt to break the product features and test them to their limits. You will be comfortable in a traditional web application stack, and digging into database changes, backend changes, API changes or frontend changes are a normal occurrence in your work week. You welcome the challenge of solving interesting engineering solutions while also being mindful of product requirements and deadlines. You are also sensitive to helping the team succeed by assisting others as needed.
What You'll Do
- Participate actively in all phases of the product development cycle with main focus on high product quality including:
- Test requirements, and driving recommendations for product quality and testability.
- Developing Test strategies, Test Planning and designs with effort estimation.
- Test development, infrastructure setup, execution & automation.
- Sonarqube for static analysis, code quality, code smells and security vulnerabilities.
- Test Case Management using Testlink.
- Contribution to test automation infrastructure with scripts and/or libraries.
- Investigation, troubleshooting and root cause analysis of issues found to resolution.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and developers on new products as well as enhancements to existing products.
- Maintain consistency across products owned by your team in-terms of look and feel.
- Responsible for unstructured and structured tasks. May require new perspectives and creative approaches to address less defined issues.
- Manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Participate in Agile Software Development methodology.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers, and be willing to take on any engineering tasks that contribute to the progress towards the goals of the team and the company.
- Supporting the release activities - release validation.
Who You Are
- Experience with UI test automation and testing of enterprise class web-based applications.
- Strong grasp of UI design and usability concepts with an in-depth understanding of multi tenancy SAAS systems.
- Strong background in building/creating and maintaining or enhancing Cucumber Scenarios.
- Strong background in test automation, test design, development & execution.
- Strong background in API testing, cURL, bash scripting, Robot Framework.
- Experience with Selenium based automation framework.
- Experience with NodeJS, EmberJS, jQuery, CSS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Web UI technologies including REST APIs, HTML5, HTTP, Web Application frameworks, I18n, XML/JSON data transform
- Experience with Performance analysis and troubleshooting is a big plus.
- Experience with Linux or Unix like operating systems.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Use judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for successful results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with any cloud stacks (AWS / GCP /Azure) is added bonus
- Big data knowledge, including Splunk, ElasticSearch or any such log analytics tool
- Good troubleshooting skills
- 12+ years of experience
- Bachelors degree
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.