Senior QA Engineer
- The QA Engineer will be responsible for the quality assurance testing of TIBCO’s Connect product which is built on Microsoft’s .Net platform and utilizing agile development processes & methodologies.
- This position will work closely with TIBCO’s software engineers and product managers to validate new/existing features and certify the production-readiness of our product.
- The ideal candidate will be an analytical, innovative, and self-motivated individual who is eager to develop new skills while evolving existing strengths.
- This position will be reporting to the manager of the SQA Team.
What You'll Do
● Develop test strategies needed for Connect testing and troubleshooting
● Develop, document, and maintain test plans and scripts
● Execute test cycles defined for each product release milestone
● Track and report quality metrics for every release project
● Assist in managing QA environment and test beds
● Work with the engineering team to enhance the testability of the product, including development and execution of new and/or existing automated tests
● Participate in product specification and documentation reviews
● Assist in troubleshooting issues from customer support and other internal departments
● Assist in streamlining overall software quality process and procedures
Who You Are
Candidates must possess the following skills:
? Solid knowledge of software development life cycles and configuration management
? Good SQL querying and database skills with Microsoft SQL Server or other database technologies.
? Experience in testing front-end, back-end, and API components of cloud-based and/or client/server products.
? Experience using various toolsets, utilities, and scripts during test execution
? Strong verbal and written communications skills
Self-directed and process-oriented
Other Desired Skills:
Outstanding candidates will also possess one or more of the following skills:
? Working knowledge and/or experience testing iPaaS/SaaS-based products and any other web/cloud-based technologies
? Working knowledge and/or experience testing Microsoft .NET-based products
? Working knowledge and/or experience testing systems using any of the following: Docker, Windows Azure platforms, Amazon EC2 platforms, Database Servers, Windows Services, Web Services, Message Queues, Failover Mechanisms, various Operating Systems and Browsers, etc.
? Experience working with CRM and/or ERP systems (i.e., Microsoft Dynamics, Salesforce, NetSuite, SAP) a plus
? Data migration and/or integration experience a plus
? Experience with agile/scrum methodologies
? Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
? Professional experience working as a QA Engineer or similar role
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.