Senior Principal Data Architect
As Principal Data Architect for overall Mashery, you will envision solutions to Mashery’s Logging and BigData requirements. You will apply the latest techniques to provide our customers’ summary and detailed reporting of their Mashery API usage. You will architect BigData techniques to help customers gain insight into their API program traffic using BigData analytics. You will guide and mentor a world class team of engineers and work with peers in other Mashery and TIBCO groups to craft solutions using different TIBCO products and other open source technologies. Within Mashery you will work collaboratively with the Datamart, Traffic Manager, WebApps and Site Reliability Engineering teams to create cost effective solutions optimizing the infrastructure required and reduce operational costs.
What You'll Do
• The role will require working with other Architects and Engineering leads to influence, lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
• Work with product management to lay out a product architecture aligned with product strategy and road maps.
• Hands-on development for diverse projects such as data pipelines, streaming log data and analytics.
• Staying up to date on relevant open source technologies and planning non disruptive technology upgrades for production infrastructure
• Participate in optimization exercises to minimize spend on cloud service infrastructure
Who You Are
• 15+ years’ experience in Product development, architecture analysis
• Education Bachelor’s in Comp Sci or Comp Eng; MSCS or PhD preferred.
• Strong core Java background -- language, runtime, and internals
• Cloud computing – knowledge of AWS, Azure or GCP
• Knowledge of Kafka, Spark, Zookeeper, Hadoop, Hive, or related technologies
• Deep understanding of Microservices/modular architectures
• Solid knowledge of multi-threaded design approach and concurrency
• Deep understanding of SQL and NOSQL data storage
• Secure development processes
• Working knowledge of Docker containers, Kubernetes, or Swarm
• Experience developing highly available/redundant software
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• Knowledgeable of Unix scripting language such as Bash, Perl, PHP, Python
• Event driven architectures, caching strategies
• Distributed transactions and traffic load balancing
• Superior leadership and communication skills with a desire to win and have fun along the way
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.