Senior Java Developer - Adapters
Join the market leader...
About the technology
TIBCO Streaming is the leading Complex Event Processing (CEP) platform, used by developers building the most demanding data processing systems in the world. It enables rapid development of high-performance flexible applications, meeting the needs of the most demanding customers in financial services, federal intelligence, e-commerce, and telecommunications.
We seek an enthusiastic server-side developer to join our team in Hanoi, Vietnam to design and implement adapters, which move high-speed data into and out of the CEP engine. You will have hands-on development expertise, with the ability to develop innovative solutions for scalable, high performance, secure distributed systems. You will be self-reliant and resourceful, and enjoy working with other smart motivated people.
What You'll Do
- End-to-end development (design, implementation, testing, documentation and ongoing maintenance) of Adapters, which move real-time data between the CEP engine and the outside world.
- Develop in Java and C# using 3rd-party APIs and protocols from an ever-expanding variety of commercial vendors and open-source projects such as TIBCO, Apache, Oracle and Microsoft.
- Optimize performance, with latency measured in microseconds and throughput in tens-of-thousands of messages per second.
- Work with customers, identifying their requirements and incorporating their feedback into the product.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of Java server-side development experience.
- Experience working with Java and/or C# APIs and client libraries.
- Experience developing high-performance networking system software, with focus on latency and throughput performance tuning, connection scalability, and reliability.
- Familiarity with database technologies (SQL, Big Data, schema design and caching).
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- BS in Computer Science and 5 years related work experience.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience with financial applications (e.g. FIX protocol).
- Experience with Big Data technologies (e.g. Hadoop ecosystem).
- Experience with networking technologies (HTTP, TCP, SSL, raw sockets).
- Exposure to enterprise messaging products such as JMS, Apache Kafka, IBM MQ and TIBCO.
- Familiarity with source-control products (svn, git), Maven, and Jenkins.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.