Senior Director, Software Engineering
TIBCO Software is seeking an experienced software development leader to build and lead our team in Ireland.
We are strengthening our existing Products and Technology (P&T) team in Europe by establishing a new development hub in Ireland and your role will be pivotal in building and leading this effort. This strategically important team will help us move our most important products faster forward in our cloud native efforts. The team will be responsible for full stack development efforts and will be exposed to several different products in the TIBCO portfolio.
Focus for this team will be a number of cross-functional roles with all of the competencies needed to build a feature from specification through implementation to test. The team will also be responsible for maintaining and supporting products they develop, ongoing code maintenance, and assisting our Support team with bug fixes and troubleshooting.
The team will be divided in two subteams with one manager each. In total there will be about 15-20 employees in the two teams.
Managers at TIBCO work to continuously improve the efficiency of the organization and foster an innovative workplace. Managers develop strong relationships/networks with other managers and leaders within the organization. They help others be successful through coaching and mentoring. They embody the team, its members, and responsibilities.
What You'll Do
- Team morale, training, and providing development opportunities to grow skill sets
- Performance management and evaluation
- Oversight of design and code quality
- Communication and collaboration between all disciplines and functions
- Providing quality oversight of applied best practices
- Participating in planning and design review of software components
- Staying current on plans and progress of projects and resolving technical and personnel issues
- Consulting on project staffing efforts and participating in staffing interviews
- Working with team leads across the organization and globe to coordinate all aspects of the product life cycle
- Getting commitment from others and getting them to meet those commitments
Who You Are
- Bachelors or Master’s in Computer Science or equivalent (Master’s strongly preferred)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- 5+ year experience working as a team or project manager, with 10+ years total work experience
- 5+ years of documented experience of managing staff / personnel responsibilities of teams 10+ employees
- Proven experience in multiple roles within software development
- Strong technical knowledge, preferably as a software engineer in the past
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Understand the balance of feature development, business case, time-to-market, and make trade-offs where appropriate
Please note you must have full working rights for the country you are applying for. If on a work permit or visa please make sure the details along with expiry date are included on your application.
Applications and CVs MUST be in English.
TIBCO is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.