Senior Accountant, Technical Accounting and Financial Reporting
The Financial Reporting Senior Accountant will provide support to the financial reporting and accounting teams through completing a variety of accounting tasks including: financial reporting, technical accounting, general ledger and month end close activities, various regulatory reports and other special projects as assigned.
The External Reporting Senior Accountant must have strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and a solid foundation in external reporting, internal controls and compliance. The individual must have the ability and demonstrated track record in researching, documenting and presenting the impact of technical accounting pronouncements. The successful candidate will be a dynamic results-driven professional, who thrives in a team environment, and is striving to advance their career development.
What You'll Do
- Key contributor to the external financial reporting process - preparing and reviewing financial statements and footnote disclosures, MD&A, and the disclosure checklist
- Prepare key schedules for financial reporting, both internal and external
- Write and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Research and address technical accounting topics, including preparation of formal memoranda to support research and conclusions
- Supports month-end and year-end close processes (business combination accounting, debt accounting, etc.)
- Analyzes financial information and summarizes results.
- Works with internal and external auditors as needed.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Maintain and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Other duties, projects, and ad-hoc reporting as needed
Who You Are
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university
- 4+ years accounting experience (public accounting or technical accounting (preferred)
- Ability to interact with staff in a positive and professional manner.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a changing environment.
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
TIBCO Software Inc. unlocks the potential of real-time data for making faster, smarter decisions. Our Connected Intelligence Platform seamlessly connects any application or data source; intelligently unifies data for greater access, trust, and control; and confidently predicts outcomes in real time and at scale. Learn how solutions to our customers’ most critical business challenges are made possible by TIBCO at www.tibco.com.