Product Engineer - Runtime
Work with leading edge technology and grow your career with this dynamic, innovative team.
TIBCO Event Processing is building the next generation platform for real-time big data analytics, operations, and automation. TIBCO real-time event-driven infrastructure software already solves the toughest problems in large enterprises, like retailers, airlines, banks, and hospitals. Our software tracks FedEx packages and Delta planes, delivers real-time data to Wall Street trading desks, monitors cellular networks, analyzes online transactions for fraud, and powers hundreds of other applications. Customers expect up-to-date information at their fingertips, and immediate automated resolution of their problems. Businesses need our technology to meet these expectations.
TIBCO Event Processing is based on domain specific languages and distributed transactional memory, combining the best of NoSQL and rapid application development platforms into one coherent whole to support capturing, contextualizing, analyzing, deciding, and acting on real time data. We are passionate about user experience for both developers and end-users. We believe that building platforms and enabling our customers to focus on making their business real-time is the best way to change the world with software.
What You'll Do
This is a senior position in product development, responsible for designing and implementing features in a next generation distributed, in-memory, transactional application platform designed to meet the ever-increasing application demands for lower-latency and increased scaling.
You will work on the internals of the application platform, solving difficult problems of concurrency, locking, indexing, and distributed communications. You will also help us to continue to focus on hiding complexity and making the platform easily consumable by developers.
As a peer on a small self-motivated team focused on developing an industry unique application platform, you would be responsible for the entire development life-cycle and sustaining of platform features, including:
- Design with peer review
- Implementation with peer review
- Automated regression testing with measured quality metrics
- Defect resolution
You will provide input into technical requirements for new features you will need to enjoy staying current on industry trends and competition.
Your strong communication skills will be needed to provide direct developer-to-developer support via a developer web site to ensure success in customer engagements.
A continued focus on quality and a passion to make complex problems simple are essential.
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of experience in system software development required.
- Multi-Threading experience required.
- Distributed system experience required.
- Unix/Linux system programming required.
- Excellent Java skills required.
- Experience in commercial software development, including all stages of the software development lifecycle required.
- Experience with source control systems, defect-tracking systems, automated unit and system test frameworks, and similar tools required.
- Database, XA, or messaging internals experience a plus.
- High performance system development and tuning experience a plus.
- Extensive network protocols experience a plus.
- Must be familiar with basic security concepts or standards as appropriate for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- BS/MS in computer engineering, or related professional experience
Headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, TIBCO Software enables businesses to reach new heights on their path to digital distinction and innovation. From systems to devices and people, we interconnect everything, capture data in real time wherever it is, and augment the intelligence of organizations through analytical insights. Thousands of customers around the globe rely on us to build compelling experiences, energize operations, and propel innovation.
Our teams flourish on new ideas and welcome individuals who thrive in transforming challenges into opportunities. From designing and building amazing products to providing excellent service; we encourage and are shaped by bold thinkers, problem-solvers, and self-starters. We are always adapting and providing exciting opportunities for our employees to grow, learn and excel.
We value the customers and employees that define who we are; dynamic individuals willing to take the risks necessary to make big ideas come to life and who are comfortable collaborating in our creative, optimistic environment. TIBCO – we are just scratching the surface.